Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today Is My George's Birthday

Today is a very special day to me because the most special man in the world was born this day. If he was alive, he would be 55. If he was alive we would be camping...getting ready at our campsite to head out to church. I'd have a special homemade sugar-free cake for him (he was Diabetic), and my son would stop by our campsite to help celebrate. Even now, the mere thought of him brings such warmth and love inside of me...I miss you, George.

Happy Birthday to the sweetest man that ever was.

Love,

Your Little One

Kay,

Wishing you happy memories of George today.

Love,

Kath

KayC,

Happy Birthday to George. Isn't it wonderful that we have come to the point where we can celebrate these moments without a steady stream of tears. I see that George and Jack had birthdays back to back - June babies. Nothing like a Gemini to spice up your life. Thank God for memories!

Thank you, all...I just wish I had him back one more time to show him how much he means to me. I think back to last November when John didn't show up for his birthday...nor did he for mine the preceding October...to the contrary, George never would have missed spending something so special with me! He was a great celebrator of life! And yes, Geminis can certainly spice up life!

Kay

I guess I get to join the ranks of people who had wonderful Gemini's in their lives. My dearest, Charlie, was also a Gemini. His birthday was June 10th and he would have been 51.

Tomorrow would have been our 20th wedding anniversary. I miss him so much!! I don't have a steady stream of tears, but I have been rather weepy these last few weeks. Seems to be getting to me, again....

Happy birthday, (again) Dear!!! And as always, Happy Anniversary (tomorrow)!! I love you, Dear - ALWAYS!!!!

Happy birthday to George and to Jack, too.

Patti

Patti,

My dad's birthday was June 10 too (he's been gone 27 years)...June is a poignant month for me. You must have lost your Charlie very young. That's very hard, I know I felt gypped and George was (barely) 51 when he died.

Thank you all for your responses...it is Friday that is really going to be hard for me...that is George's death-day.

Take care, all of you,

Kay