Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Tracing Our Family Tree Book

STARKISS

Hi All,

I just recently received a email from a distant relative that my mom had been emailing about a family book... The man who she had been talking with is one of her distant relatives who had been researching their family name back to 1652... He is interested in finishing the book but since mom died he was afraid that would not happen... I found mom's notes about the book and so I emailed back in hopes we could finish the book in her memory...A good thing that happen since the book is not done is that my youngest nephew can now be added... Here's in hopes that this book can be finished please keep me in your prayers that I will be able to come up with all the missing information for our half of the family... Shelley

Shelly,

You are the perfect person to work on this book. Your connection with your family is evident in every one of your posts, so researching and contacting relatives is something they will always remember about you (and be grateful for once the book is completed.) Good luck in all your efforts. I feel this is a fantastic New Beginning for you.

Love,

Kath

Hi Kath,

Thank you for the confidence boost I just hope I can live up to the standards my mom had with this work of art as she used to say.... I know I will definitely try so that when it is done we can pay tribute to her memory... Shelley

Hi Boo Mayhew,

Thank you for showing me I should have more confidence in me, I just hope that I can do it so the book can be finished and the family can learn more about how our relatives were and lived... Shelley

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Here I am stuck all ready, Man the first question and I can not answer it all ready... Some medical question and I have no ideal and my aunt did not know anything either besides my aunt and uncle were really my mom's cousin and not her brother... My grandmother adopted him and brought him to Canada... So now what can I do... Shelley