Grief Healing Discussion Groups

People Letting Me Down And Taking Liberties

Kay, I agree ... getting rid of the "dead wood" frees up your time to meet new friends, or spend more time with the real ones.

I used to have a Rottweiler called Hammer (he died of old age 3 years ago which broke our hearts ... he was such a character, so smart and he loved me so so much. He was 12 stone when fully grown and went up to 14 stone during his last two years, due to getting extremely lazy ... he even used to help himself to ice cubes from the freezer dispenser sometimes! I like to think that he is with Cliff now. My two boys.)

So now, I have 2 rescue dogs called Fred and Barney. Fred is deaf and a terrier crossed with ??????? and I've taught him some sign language (ball, sit, come here) - he was badly beaten as a puppy and you could count his ribs when we got him. He was so jumpy and nervous. Today he struts about, is the correct weight and too confident if anything and is usually stuck to my side. Barney is a long haired Jack Russell Terrier who thinks he is a rottweiler. He looks like Walt Disney drew him (with the long eyelashes that he flutters at you) and he does amazing impressions of a meerkat. He is so cute, very good (apart from escaping into other gardens to play with other dogs) and seems to understand that Fred cannot hear ... if I ask him to fetch Fred he does. He also wakes Fred up when I get home from work :-)

I love them. They weren't allowed upstairs before but now they sleep with me :-)

And, they are loyal friends :-)

xx

Joanne, I wondered if that was you, when I saw your name on the Board yesterday. I even clicked on your member profile to see if it was you ... but you hadn't filled it out yet ... and here you are.

Of course I remember you!

I still have my stash of Cliff's unwashed laundry too :-)

I know what you mean about dreams ... some have been so vivid, yet, apart from once, even when he is in my dream, I have been aware that he is gone. Even so, it is lovely to see him, hear him.

Sorry about Denny's family doing that, death seems to bring out the best in some people and the worst in others. It certainly gives us clarity on what their priorities are!! LOL, they go for the valuable stuff and we widows stand there guarding our husband's unwashed shirts, ready to growl at anyone who might think about touching it!

welcome back hon xx

Boo: :)

I love your experience with your roofer friend - and hearing how much your gift to him of Cliff's ladders meant. At some point, I am going to need to think about different possessions of Scott's and to whom they should go. Not quite there, yet, but I do think about it. I am so glad you have found a true friend!

And aren't pets special? We have 2 kitties, Pootie-tang and Bandit. Pootie is a manx that we got from a shelter about 4 years ago - she has a big scar on her back where fur will never grow back where she had been somehow burned. Before we got her, Scott always professed to be a "dog man". It took about 30 seconds for her to have him wrapped around her little paw. He bored people over and over with Pootie stories! And Bandit is younger, who we got about a year ago (his owner didn't want him / couldn't care for him) - he has brought Pootie back to her kittenhood. He loved Scott and ALWAYS slept on his legs. Anyhow, they have been of great comfort to me. Pootie recognizes when I am upset and comes to me and head butts/ purrs / rolls around. Even Bandit helps (though he is younger). I like to think Scott is working through Pootie in some way (though she has always been an empathetic cat). And they are both great with the baby. :)

Korina