Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Photos

I just got a photo album from my sister today, she made one of them for all 9 of us kids.

You see we lost Mom almost 2 years ago, & Dad only Nov. 21st 2004.

The album was filled with pictures of the both of them. Wow, it was one of the best gifts a child could ask for, but it was so hard to look at.

And you are right it brought every memory back I even had flash backs of mom passing right in front of my eyes.

I showed my children the album, but all I could do was cry.

Why is it still so hard. I miss my mom so much. I miss dad too, but not the way I miss my mom.

Mom & I were best friends, ya know the kind you can share anything with, at any time. I look at the pictures, & wish so much that she was here with me to share life with.

People say life goes on, yes it may, but the quality is just not there.

I wish that I could go be with her, but then I know that my children would feel the same way I do.

So please tell me how & when does it get better?

For me it only seems to get worse with time.

I seem to miss her more & more each day.

Tootie

I just got a photo album from my sister today, she made one of them for all 9 of us kids.

You see we lost Mom almost 2 years ago, & Dad only Nov. 21st 2004.

The album was filled with pictures of the both of them. Wow, it was one of the best gifts a child could ask for, but it was so hard to look at.

And you are right it brought every memory back I even had flash backs of mom passing right in front of my eyes.

I showed my children the album, but all I could do was cry.

Why is it still so hard. I miss my mom so much. I miss dad too, but not the way I miss my mom.

Mom & I were best friends, ya know the kind you can share anything with, at any time. I look at the pictures, & wish so much that she was here with me to share life with.

People say life goes on, yes it may, but the quality is just not there.

I wish that I could go be with her, but then I know that my children would feel the same way I do.

So please tell me how & when does it get better?

For me it only seems to get worse with time.

I seem to miss her more & more each day.

Tootie

Tootie,

I know how you feel. I too lost my best friend Dec.14,2003. It is so hard to deal with. I still go to the phone to call her. Weekends I feel so lost because that was mom days and we went over her house. My dad passed away too but it was nothing like when mom passed although it was terrible when dad died I still had my mom. Moms are just SPECIAL!!!!! After mom died I got literally sick with grief. I decided to do a Scrap Book for each of my two girls since I had so many pictures ( I had my own plus inheriting my moms) I got on the computer on Ellis Island website to see when my ancestors came to the United States. I got information from family members on how my great Grandparents met and wrote a little bio on each generation and put it in with their pictures. I put in things that were told to me, funny stories things I remembered... It took alot of time but it was good for my soul. I seen my parents as not just MY MOM and DAD but as a little kids, as silly teenagers, as a two young people in love. I found cards and letters my parents wrote to each other that were saved all those years. I'm sure your sister had some of these same feelings doing her album. I just keep thinking things WILL get better in time, when my dad died my mom was heartbroken too but somehow she pulled it all together and made a life without him. I don't even remember how long it took or when it happened it just seemed like we were going to cry forever but ever so slowly we healed. So I'm not going to listen to anyone if I want to cry I cry I talk to mom and I know SOMEDAY I WILL feel better it just takes time and I have plenty of that..... and so do you Tootie.... Tina

• 3 weeks later...

sad.gif Sorry for your loss hon..I really don't think it gets easier..even though I have heard time heals all wounds. Problem is losing a parent is not the same thing. I lost my dad back in 97..but your right it is not the same for me either. Losing mom has just tore me up so bad. I do hope the best for you. All we can do is be here for one another when we come by to talk.

Anna