Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost Without My Mom

I am 23 years old. I lost my mom at 21. She had ovarian cancer. She was diagnosed on Feb, 11th 2002 and she died on Sep, 4th, 2002. My mom was my best friend. She was everything to me. Losing her destroyed me and now I look at my whole life as a waiting room. I just exist until One day I will meet with her again.

I'm pretty sure I may have skipped a lot of the grieving process. I went back to work 2 days after the funeral and I was kind of designated the house mom by my family. I have one sister and she is 3 years younger than me.

Every day that I look at my dad and my sister it pretty much rips at my heart. I feel so bad for them. And my dads eyes changed the day my mom died and they have never been the same.

I really don't have too many people to talk to. Not many people my age have been through something like this. I just wish that I was able to think about her without it hurting so much. I just get visions of her getting sick and all of the horrible things she went through in my head, so then I try to shut it out. All I know is that I don't even feel like a whole person and it is always in the back of my mind. I don't know when it's going to get easier (if it even does). I just wish my mom was here.

Like always I am so sorry for your loss.

I too am so lost without my mom.

I got to share a few more years with her as I am 35, but it is still not any easier.

I just thought I would quickly reply to let you know I am here to talk to you if you so wish.

It does help to talk to others, & I wish I would have found this site with all of these wonderful understanding peeps a lot sooner than I did.

Tootie