Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Tommy

Guest Guest_sarah

Guest Guest_sarah

I'm 17 and this past summer my brother, Tommy, passed away at the age of 22. He was the greatest. He taught me so much about music and life. He was practically my father as well as everything else he was to me. My sister, tom, and I were three peas in a pod, if I may be trite. Now that he is gone I feel so lost. I keep trying to feel his presence but I just feel like he is completely gone. It will be nine months on the sixth and I still get so lonely and depressed. I can't talk about it to anyone in my family because it is too awkward and I don't want to upset them. Everywhere I go though i'm reminded of him. This year is especially hard because i'm graduating high school and going to college. He won't be there for the ceremonies and when I get my acceptance letter to college or anything. I try to talk to my friends but they don't know what to say and I feel as if i'm boring them with constantly pitying myself. Truth is i've had a lot of family issues but my family is my life and is really strong. They were the only thing keeping me going but now i don't know who to turn to. I know others have it so much harder but i'm just so confused and miss him so much and hurts. I didn't even get to say goodbye to him and give him a hug the last time i saw him.

~Sarah

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Ana

Hi Sarah

So sorry to hear about the loss of your brother - my older brother passed away 6 months ago and it's been hard. He was my only sibling and well, now it's just me and my parents.

6 months I've learned that you have to take one day at a time and that - at least for me - my friends really don't understand because none of them have lost siblings yet - I guess it's because we're still young and well, most people probably lost their siblings well past 60 years.

Take care of yourself,

Ana