Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Recent Loss Looking For Answers

That is great news, Nats! We're so glad to hear it!

Kay

Thank You everyone for your prayers and thoughts again....God does indeed have a plan for me, and sent me a message with the concern and experience I just went thru, I will take that courage, love for life, and faith that got me thru it with me everyday and truely be thankful for my blessings and live everyday as if it were my last, ensuring I tell everyone I love and care for as much as I can how much they mean to me and fully enjoy the times we spend together....but most of all I will continue to follow and put my faith in the Lord and will follow wherever I am guided....

NATS

"Kneel In Faith...

Stand In Courage...

Wait In Hope...

Walk With God's

Love Through Life"...

One of my wife's favorite quotes posted on a rock

a friend gave her...I feel her happiness and relief in fact I think she knew first

as I was sitting in the waiting room I felt an incredible wave comfort me...so strong it

brought me to tears and Brenda said she's here.... :rolleyes:

NATS

Good Morning Friends,

Another Sunday morning the day I miss Ruth so bad... we so enjoyed the Lord's day together savoring the simple things most people fail to notice....that bird singing you've never heard before, the unusual glow around the sun, the cool breeze that appears from no where, and the smiles that reassured our love for each other....I'm doing well but riding the roller coaster still, I find if I'm rested I deal with things much better and today I'm exhusted last work day for the week then 2 days off, hoping to get some rest, I have 2 more weeks then taking a mini vacation for 4 days, going to complete the first item on my bucket list, I'm going swimming with the dolphins and snorkling the coral reefs....I'm learning to live again....it's hard and slow but possible....

NATS

Hello Nats,

First of all let me say I am glad everything came out OK with the lung diagnosis. Praise the Lord :-) !!

The little things that remind us of our loved us are those that we cherish and keep in our hearts, they will always be there. Any time we want to feel our loved ones near, we can go in our hearts and minds to remember every single moment lived with them.

Having a bucket list is a very good thing! I like it! It is true that in the midst of our grief, we have to learn to live again. God carries us through all of this. He is fatihful.

You are such an inspiration Nats. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Have a great sunday!

-L

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Friends,

Today is a rough one, 7 months today, why is it I have to put a time on Ruth leaving? I know there is no magicical period I will not feel the grief but for some reason I always refrence time, and tomorrow I have to meet with a new attorney regarding her estate as the first attorney I hired was disbarred and I've had some road blocks in getting this settled...I am dreading going thru all the questions and answers again, and the grief wave is so strong today, Brenda my friend just left and she will be here tomorrow evening when I get back so that will help...I'm so thankful God has brought us together to support each other and share these times, I must say I feel very blessed...so about all I can do is "go with the flow" and take it as it comes and when it gets really tough just put it in God's hands....so today is one of those days....I gotta work so I'm sure things will ease when I get out of the house...wishing everyone a happy, restful Sunday....

NATS

Nats, I along with all the others share in your pain. I lost my first son at 23 months of age 34 years ago, my second son at the age of 16, 13 years ago, and my wife who could not live with the pain of these losses 6 years ago, as she committed suicide. I need you to know that you are not alone, and there just may not be any so called normal in your life again. Know that time will ease the pain, but the memories will never go away. What you are going through is normal, and I have learned that we all need to figure out in our own terms, just what will get us through the rough times. In my case, I found that keeping busy around the house and thinking and going over things in my mind alone seemed to work for me. Let me give you a little example... I ordered 35 truck loads of dirt and totally revamped my front yard. I did this all with my lawn tractor, a 10' trailer, and a rake and shovel. This resulted in 3 herniated disc's in my back, yet it did keep me busy, and helped get through it. You just need to find a nitch, or something that you enjoy, as hard as it may be, and delve into it. Nothing or no one can tell you what will work for you, you need to figure something out. But, by no means quit greiving! You need to go through that, it cleanses the soul. I really hope in some little way,I may have helped you, or given you something to think about. Wishing you the best, and know that alot of us out here care..... Tony

Tony,

Welcome to this site...I hope you find much encouragement and comfort here, we all benefit by walking through this together. Thank you for your suggestions, I've found it helps to keep busy too.

Kay

Tony,

Thank you for the encouragement and sharing....we also are glad to have you here, there are a lot of good people here taking this journey we didn't want to take, glad you found us, we can all help each other....thanks again...

NATS

I truly think many of us would be in even worse shape if she had not found this group. Welcome Tony. Glad you found this great group.. I just started back with my crocheting that I did so much of before my husband got sick. Had not touched it since, and someone suggested I try to start up again. This week I made one afghan a daughter wanted and already started a table topper for her. They probably will keep requesting figuring that will keep my mind occupied part of the time......... Till now all I have done is go to hospice groups twice a month and church on Sunday and the rest of the time just sit and so nothing. Am lerning to try and stay busy now. That is one of the keys I believe. Does not alleviate the grief and sadness or the crying but keeps me busy some of the time at least...............

Hello Friends,

Well again a major grief wave only this one is due to my Grandfather joining the Lord yesterday...he was 95 and lived a good life and although I'm saddend I am happy he will be reunited with my Grandmother again...he was like a father in many ways as he and my Grandmother raised me for several years...may you rest in peace Grandpa....

NATS

Nats,

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, that's really hard.

Kay

Thank you Marty T and kayc so much for your thoughts and prayers, it's amazing how this has reopened some feelings I thought were under control...but I know he enjoyed a good life upon joining God he had, 14 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren & 7 great-great-grandchildren....myself being the oldest grandchild...

NATS

Well today's my Grandfathers service and I will not be attending, I could not bring myself to leave the comfort zone of "home", see I'm in Florida and the remainder of my family except 1 son(he lives in same town as me) are in Ohio, I debated making the trip but was unable to find comfort and encountered massive stress when I thought about altering my routine and trying to make arrangements, like boarding the dogs, getting to and from airport (won't park at airport), rental car, flying which I don't care for, any many other things....then dealing with the service and family as they have not seen me since Ruth joined God, all of this combined just overwhelmed me here at home I can only imagine how I would have felt doing it all....I just hope I don't regret it later as I feel I should have been there being the oldest Grandchild but I'm pretty sure my Grandpa would understand as he knows what it's like to lose a spouse, my Grandmother joined God many years ago...so I will honor him today in my own way with God, myself and my friend Brenda...it's amazing how his passing has triggered a full blown grief wave for me....so I'll deal with the feelings in a positive way knowing he is reunited once again with his wife my Grandmother, his son my Dad, his sister, and my sweet Ruth, oh how they must be having a nice reunion.....

NATS

Sorry for your lost. I totally understand it all. My mom died 3 years ago at 91 going to join my dad who had been gone for over 30 years. Very sad day but a good day in knowing they were together again like she had wanted for a long time. Also not going to the service that happened to me on the anniversary of my son's service---had one I really, really should have gone too but the date stopped me. They understood why tho. Now this year shortly after losing Ray a good friend passed away---would have been in the same church and everything and I knew I could not go. Would not have made it thru the service at all. Didn't go actually into our church for several weeks after either of my 2 two guys deaths cause it hurt too much. Now I just sit way back where I can't see the front so easy... Marion

Hi Nats,

I understand how you feel. I was faced with attending a funeral recently which would have required me driving several hours and returning at night, all alone. My mental state is way to fragile to handle the stress of the situation. I hated the idea of everyone talking to me about Mark's death, wanting an update on me and the kids ect... Let alone the feelings of loss associated with my friend dieing. I chose to think about him in my own way, remembering the support and friendship he broght to Mark and I over the years. It too triggered all kinds of feelings about losing Mark, a new deep sadness that the world is going on and yet I still feel so fragile.

I did find it odd that none of my friends offered to pick me up and take me. One friend sent me a text with the date and location rather than pickup the phone and call me. It makes me sad that there are so many people who don't at least try to reach out to me. Thank you for sharing with us how you feel and how you are persevering.

Well I'm glad I was not feeling isolated and that you all have given me a better feeling about this...Thanks.

Going about business as normal, this week my work schedule changed slightly so I'm adjusting to that but otherwise OK.

NATS

It does feel like a trigger that brings it all back fresh, but it subsides a little quicker each time and becomes less frequent inbetween.

I was just telling my son that it was nice to have Jim be my SECOND thought in the morning and think about him only 95% of the time instead of ALL the time! It's an improvement...maybe seemingly insignificant, but marked nonetheless.

Nats - I am positive your grandfather understood!

And Tony, welcome to the forum - besides the fact that I am sure you will find comfort here, it also sounds like you have a lot of wisdom that can help a great many people.

Korina