Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Where Are The People?

Sandy

This is the only sight, I have seen, that caters to the needs of every persons grief. It's the only one I found that has a group for teens. Yet, there arn't many active members. I searched for four months to find a place for my daughter and her friends to talk to others about the loss of their friend. Only one of her friends posted. He hasn't gotten any response. Not enough people know about this sight. I'm not sure what should be done about it. Maybe you could link to some teen sights. I'm not very internet savy. I don't know what can and can't be done.

Sandy

My dear Sandy,

I want to thank you so very much for all your efforts to bring your daughter and her friends to our Teens Talking to Teens Forum, and I also want you to know that I will be taking your concerns to my colleagues for discussion at our next staff meeting. I’m hoping that we will come up with some ideas and suggestions that will bring more traffic to that particular forum – but for now I want to offer the following information.

If you go to the Links page of my Grief Healing Web site and click on the category entitled CHILD / ADOLESCENT GRIEF, you will find listed there a number of sites and resources aimed specifically at teens, including these:

Articles on the Grieving Child and Teen by Helen Fitzgerald

Fire in My Heart, Ice in My Veins: Online Journal for Teens

Helping Teenagers Cope with Grief

Teens' Grief Support and Resources

Wishing you peace and healing,

Marty T

Marty T

Thanks! I've been to a few of these sights, but you've given me a few that I havn't seen. It's harder for me to see these kids in so much pain, than it was to deal with the death of my own dad. This was a girl so loved by everyone that knew her. There must have been 200 teens at her funeral. Many were boys. Boys fell in love with her the moment they met her. Yet, the girls felt like a sister to her. Any resourse I find to ease their pain, if only a little, is apriciated.

Sandy

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Yes! This is certainly a great site, with great people and lots of posts of helpful information.... I talk about this site to many of my friends and ask them to talk to their friends as well.... Take care Shelley