Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thank God I Know Suicide Is A Sin

Hi All, Just wanted you to know that I did hear from all the family and they are all attending this family therapy session... I can not believe that this time next week it will be all over... I will next all the encouragement I can get so that I will make it through next week.. Shelley

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Shelley! Yes, we are all supporting you! Great, I hope some of that busy stuff is fun stuff..:) I hope you are giving yourself a standing ovation because you so deserve one. Taking your power back what a wonderful gift to yourself.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Hi Carol Ann,

Right now I am sick in bed but hopefully this evening I can attend my Beaver Meeting and Tuesday is my Brownie Meeting and Wednesday is my Guide meeting... On Thursday I am hoping to go to the movies and Friday my therapist and I are having a phone call session to see how I am doing and to go over things about the family session on Saturday... On Saturday I am also going to try and do something fun after the meeting is over and done with.. Shelley

Hi Shelley,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Sending an abundance of healing thoughts and energy your way. The work that you are doing is every bit as taxing on the body as if you just underwent major surgery. So take good care, plenty of rest, lots of water, and one thing I do is eat a lot of yougurt, especially yogurt with probiotics. Replenishes are body's natural defenses with the friendly bateria.

Glad to hear you have things planned and enjoy the movie! Cheering you on Shelley!

Hi Carol Ann,

Thanks for the idea with the yogurt, I will try it.. I am ready for this session and I know that my mom will be there with me because I know she is in my heart.. I am looking for something of hers to take with me and I found it.. It is a little heart pin that I gave her on her last Mother's day.. I got it back after she died... Shelley

SORRY FRIENDS HERE BUT I FEEL LIKE I WANT IT ALL OVER I JUST WISH GOD WOULD LET ME COME HOME ....

I AM TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF MY THERAPIST .... I HAVE PHONE FRIENDS BUT NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME... I AM GOING TO PHONE THE LOCAL CRISIS CENTRE RIGHT NOW... SHELLEY

SORRY FRIENDS HERE BUT I FEEL LIKE I WANT IT ALL OVER I JUST WISH GOD WOULD LET ME COME HOME ....

I AM TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF MY THERAPIST .... I HAVE PHONE FRIENDS BUT NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME... I AM GOING TO PHONE THE LOCAL CRISIS CENTRE RIGHT NOW... SHELLEY

Dear Shelley,

YOU ARE SAFE...NO-ONE CAN HURT YOU NOW....IT IS NORMAL TO FEEL THIS WAY....IT WILL PASS!

TAKE DEEP SLOW BREATHS....WHAT TIME IS IT....WHAT COLOR IS THE CHAIR YOU ARE SITTING IN....DRINK SOME WATER.

I AM HERE ~ YOU ARE NOT ALONE ~ YOU ARE SAFE SHELLEY

CAROL ANN

Hi Carol Ann,

I just wish I felt safe, I know my dad can not hurt me but i have had many dreams where my dad is talking with my brother in law and they are discussing what my brother in law can do to bother me more... Shelley

Hi Carol Ann,

I just wish I felt safe, I know my dad can not hurt me but i have had many dreams where my dad is talking with my brother in law and they are discussing what my brother in law can do to bother me more... Shelley

Shelley, I am proud of you, and I thank you for messaging me to tell me you are now talking with your therapist. I am glad I happened on the site when I did so we could chat via the personal messaging.

Your friend ~ Carol Ann

Hi Carol Ann,

I just got off the phone and I told her that I met someone who I could talk with and I also can trust to discuss things... I told her about the fight tonight and about the dreams.. She kept telling me that it was only a dream and not to worry about it... Shelley

Shelley, dear,

I know you are in need of support, but I fear that many of our members may not be able to relate to and help you with the issues with which you are struggling right now. I've done some searching, and I want to offer you some other resources I've found that may be helpful to you. Please take some time to visit these sites, Shelley, as you deserve to be among others who can relate better to what you are experiencing as you prepare to meet with your family about the abuse you have suffered.

By no means am I saying that we won't continue to be here for you! Please keep in close touch with all of your GH family, as you have been doing ~ but think of these as additional sources of support:

After Silence - online support group, message board, and chat room for survivors of abuse including childhood sexual abuse

RAINN - Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network including online hotline services. All trained volunteers have successfully completed state-mandated training and have extensive training in providing online support.

Survivors of Incest Anonymous - a resource for survivors of child sexual abuse.

As we've told you many times, Shelley, we care deeply for you and about you, and we all just want to be sure that you are getting the support you need and deserve.

Thanks to Everyone who has replied to me in this post, I am going to be taking a break and going and checking out some of the helpful websites I have been given in hopes I can get through this. Thanks again to you all Shelley

Dear Shelley,

Thanks for letting us know. I am proud of you Shelley. This is very hard work but the rewards and outcome is plentiful....good for you.

Hi All, Just letting you know this will be the last time I post in this topic, I am so very nervous I can not believe it will be the 12th tomorrow.. I am so emotional and I do not know if I will be able to sleep tonight... so scared shelley

Hi All, Just letting you know this will be the last time I post in this topic, I am so very nervous I can not believe it will be the 12th tomorrow.. I am so emotional and I do not know if I will be able to sleep tonight... so scared shelley

Hey Shelley, I was just thinking about you & how close things were getting. Of course you're emotional & scared, who wouldn't be? But you're also brave & determined, & right in what you're going to do. Will be thinking of you.

Big hugs

Becka

XXXX

Hi Shelley,

Here are a couple songs that have helped me along the way. I want to share them with you. I believe in you.

Hi Marty, I am trying very hard to calm down and relax but find it very difficult... I think when I actually enter the car to drive there I will be more scared and hopefully I can just keep telling myself I am okay and things will be okay... I am trying some deep breathing exercises to get my breathing at a better pace I just think I am a little panicky right now.. Shelley

Shelley

am sending so much peace comfort and a big flying hug to you.remember your Mom is with you,like someone often says to me I bet your mom has her arms wrapped around you so tight right now.

I'll be thinking of you,you're nearly there now,it will be over before you know it,hopefully you are just a couple of hours away from feeling some more peace and comfort.

xoxo

It is OK to feel scared Shelley.....Just focus on your breath....deep breath's...not short shallow ones, deep ones Shelley.

You are doing so well.....I see you working so hard.....and you are doing it.

NIamh is right your Mom is with you, she resides in your heart forever!

Just do all the things that bring you a sense of safety and comfort.

HI ALL I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WELL WISHES AND ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT... I DID IT AND YES I CRIED SO MUCH BUT THE FAMILY BELIEVED ME AND ARE SO SORRY THAT THEY WERE NOT THERE TO PROTECT ME... I AM SO MUCH BETTER ALL READY AND I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR EVERYONE IN MY LIFE ESPECIALLY MY FAMILY AND MY GRIEF HEALING FAMILY TOO... shelley

Dear Shelley,

I am so PROUD and HAPPY for you. I am just tearing up knowing what you have accomplished today. GOOD FOR YOU!

Please get some well earned and well deserved rest now....

Never forget you are a PHENOMINAL WOMAN.

Your friend ~ Carol Ann