Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thank God I Know Suicide Is A Sin

HI ALL I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WELL WISHES AND ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT... I DID IT AND YES I CRIED SO MUCH BUT THE FAMILY BELIEVED ME AND ARE SO SORRY THAT THEY WERE NOT THERE TO PROTECT ME... I AM SO MUCH BETTER ALL READY AND I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR EVERYONE IN MY LIFE ESPECIALLY MY FAMILY AND MY GRIEF HEALING FAMILY TOO... shelley

Shelley,WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad,not only for you doing this but for the support from your family and that you are feeling better for it, such great news. I'm glad we've been part of this too Shelley,that you shared it with us,the bad and now the GOOD. I hope now things will become better between you and your family now,it must be such a relief to know how much they support you.

go treat yourself and I hope you have a nice evening,so so so glad for you.

Hope you are very very proud of yourself, bet your Mom is too.

(((big well done hug))

N

xox

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Shelley, I am totally welling up with tears of happiness & relief that things went so well. A thousand well dones to you! I am delighted that your family had such a great reponse to what you told them. Such a massive milestone to have reached.

You probably need lots of rest now, so look after yourself especially well.

BIG HUGS

Becka

Hi All, Thanks for all the kindness and encouragement, well it has been one week since I told the family and I received one email about it and that is all... With famiy day coming up I was hoping to be included with some kind of gathering but I guess the family is still trying to get over it... I am very emotional right now and have many many different emotions going on inside of me..Thanks again Shelley

Hey Shelley, I wouldn't be surprised if your family was in some kind of shock...what you told them was BIG, & I'm sure it left them reeling. They may even wonder if you'd want to see them, feeling guilty about not guessing, or writing you off as moody rather than traumatised.

I'd be appalled to find out something like this from a member of my family - it'd rewrite the world for me. Can you maybe ask the sibling you're closest to how they're coping? Maybe they need to meet up without you to thrash out this whole new understanding of things, before they would feel they could face you? Just ideas...this has probably been a very tough week for them all, & they may just not be thinking stright yet.

Just hang in there as this untangles itself.

Big hug

Becka XXXX

Hi All, I know that the family needs time but it would be nice to be included on family day even if they need time because they all know I have no one else to be with... I am all alone... Shelley

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me and shown me their kindness.. Shelley

• 4 weeks later...

Hey honey, I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling so low, I wish I could just make it go away or give you a real life hug. Just hang in there, take everything gently. Is there anything that helps, even a tiny bit?

Sending love

Becka

Thanks I must admit that i took myself off my medication and thought I would be okay but I have decided after being strongly reccommended to go back on the medication so I am going back on the medication... I hate the fact that I have a mental health issue but I guess it is better than having a problem that is worst...Shelley

Dear Shelley,

I understand your ambivilence about the label "mental health issue" and if it helps perhaps you could think on it as a symptom of what you have had to survive. What you have had to survive is not your fault, nor are it's symptoms. This is my thinking anyhow...hope it helps!

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Hi Carol Ann, yes it helps and I have decided to stay on my medication and continue with my therapy until I am well enough to stop... I realize that I need the medication so that I can live on this earth better...Thanks Carol Ann ... shelley

Shelley, dear, I read an article today that made me think of you. I hope you'll take a few minutes to read it, too:

Never Say Never

by Peggy Haymes

Friday, March 25, 2011

One of the moments I enjoy as a counselor is when I can celebrate with a client the progress they've made. I remind them of how life was when they first came to me, and we talk about how different things are now. Sometimes the change happens so gradually that they forget how far they've come.

Clients I tend to see every week or so. There are other people with whom I've worked in workshops whom I see only every year or so. Sometimes I've known them for only a year or two and sometimes I've known them for a decade or more. Regardless, the long time in-between makes their progress all the more evident.

I've been thinking a lot recently about people who've come a long way. I've worked with some people in both contexts whom it would have been easy to write off. The wounds are just too deep. They are just too damaged. And yet here they are, living lives now that would have almost been beyond their imagining once upon a time. What makes such profound transformation possible? Read on here.

Hi Marty, Thanks for sharing that page with me, I read it... I feel so very low some days but realize that therapy and medication is what I need right now and if so be it the rest of my life to get over all the things that have happen to me in the past... I just find it difficult sometimes that I have things happening so often to me and I feel like i have been centered out sometimes... Like I needed glasses, I needed braces, I had speech problems growing up, I was bullied in school, I was abused by my dad, I have prediabetes, I have heel spurs on both feet, I have carpal tunnel syndrome in one hand, I have hearing loss, I suffer from depression and anxiety and lots of fears..... So you see it is just hard sometimes to stay positive and work through things... Shelley

• 4 weeks later...

Boy, I thought today was going to be harder than it is.. Last Friday was extremely hard for me, I had so much inside of me racing around and I felt like I was going to burst.. I would be crying at one time, happy the next time, angry right after that.. I just felt like dying so very badly but manage to stay alive and kicking.. Shelley

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Kawaiinicole, I must admit I am on Wellbutrin for my depression but also because I am on a waiting list to see a psychiatrist to be tested for Adult ADD which also freaks me out too... I have a fabalous therapist who is helping me deal with the thought of seeing a male psychiatrist... I have never had to talk to a male about personal things before so it is a little upsetting... I have also had more suicidal thoughts so I am scared to tell him about all of this... Shelley