Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Baby Boy

hi , My name is angela, 26 years of age . I lost my baby boy domenic just 6 months ago in september of last year. He died peacefully in his cot aged just 6 weeks and 6 days old. He was an angela on loan.

MY EMAIL - angelawheeler79@hotmail.com . if anyone is interested in talking as this is making me come to tears.

Dear Angela,

I’m so terribly sorry to read of the death of your beloved baby son Domenic this past September – I can only imagine how shocked and devastated you must be by this horrible and tragic loss. Of course your life is forever changed as a result – because there is nothing, nothing, nothing as painful as losing a child. After all, we are not supposed to outlive our children, are we? It goes against the natural order of things, it just isn't fair and it is so very, very hard to accept. Nevertheless, as I'm sure you already know, the bond you have with your dear little son will be with you forever, just as long as you keep his memory and the love you share with him alive in your heart. You will always be his mother, and he will always be your beloved son. Death may end a life, but it certainly does not end a relationship.

Although I'm glad you found your way to this forum, I hope you'll take time to visit my Grief Healing Web site as well – it contains a wealth of information as well as links to many other wonderful sites, each of which I've reviewed personally. See especially the sites listed on my Links page, under the DEATH OF AN INFANT / CHILD / GRANDCHILD category . Most of these sites have been developed by grieving parents whose feelings and experiences may be similar to your own. You might begin by visiting these:

Baby Steps

Bereaved Parents of the USA

The Compassionate Friends: National

CSRA Compassionate Friends

First Candle

Hygeia

The Lives that Ended Too Soon: Article by Melissa Flood

Love Beyond

Love Never Dies: A Mother's Journey from Loss to Love by Sandy Goodman

MEND: Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death

MISS: Mothers in Sympathy and Support

SHARE: Support for Infant Loss

Texas Moms of Tiny Angels

Since it's been barely seven months since your baby died, I sincerely hope that you've found someone to talk to about this, Angela. Grieving a child is difficult enough without having to do it all alone. Sharing your feelings, reactions and experiences with another (a trusted friend or family member, someone on the Internet, a clergy person or in a support group comprised of other grieving parents) gives you a safe place to express yourself, helps you understand that what you're feeling is normal, and may give you the hope that if others have found a way to survive a loss like this, then you will find your own way, too.

If you haven't already done so, I strongly suggest that you contact your local library, mortuary or hospice organization to find out what bereavement resources are available in your own community. I also encourage you to visit your public library to find and read some of the wonderful books about coping with the death of a child; they will help you learn what to expect in the weeks and months ahead, and will reassure you that you are not alone in this grief of yours. See my Articles and Books page for suggestions.

Angela, there is nothing we can do or say to take away your pain at this sad and difficult time, but I can assure you that you need not bear it all alone. Our “Loss of a Child” grief forum is available to you at no cost, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You are most welcome here – and please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Marty T

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to hear about your little boy. I lost my little boy, too. He was 5 months old. He was a special baby with special needs. Due to my depression I probably only spent a very little bit of real quality time with him. I think this is the hardest thing a mother goes thru. God Bless you.

Julianna