Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Heart Goes Out To Everyone

jstburself

OMG does it ever hurt. I lost my dog this past Wed (April 20), and I'm an emotional wreck. The thing I have been trying to deal with is the fact that I NOW know her life could have been saved. I am so angry at her vet and overwhelmed by feelings of guilt that getting up out of bed is a chore. How could I have left her another day? Why didn't I find another vet? How could I just bring her home to die, and watch? Why wasn't I smart enough to get on the internet while she was still here and find out that a blood transfusion most likely would have saved her life? When will the tears stop? Does she think I gave up on her?

I'm sorry to everyone out there who is feeling my pain. Everyone I know thinks I'm nuts, but everyone who has lost a pet knows the real truth. I just lost a daughter, a mother, a sister, a friend. She was a babysitter, a bodygaurd, and a playmate to my children. I've never known a better soul. The best of her kind.

I know in my heart that the pain will subside, and that life will go on. I just can't seem to get my brain to imagine it. And I'm truely glad that I found this site because I'm feeling slightly better having gotten some of that off my chest. Can I make this a thread? I'm finding myself wanting to tell the world about my "Boogs", but also short on time. Feel free to reply, I would like that very much.

My dear friend,

I'm so very sorry to learn that it is the untimely death of your beloved Boogs that brought you to our forum, but I do want to welcome you here. If you want to "tell the world" about your cherished companion, this is the place to do it -- and it does not matter if you're short of time right now. Our forums are here for you 24 hours a day, and if you want to post a message in the middle of the night or at any other time, you are free to do so. Please do come back when you have more time, and tell us all about your baby. The process of writing and sharing your story has the potential of being a very powerful healing tool.

If you haven't already done so, please also pay a visit to my Grief Healing Web site, go to the Articles and Books page, and take a moment to read my article, Loss and the Burden of Guilt.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Marty T