Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Mom Died...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Losing someone close to you, especially at such a young age is difficult. I lost my mom almost 2 years ago and really, I do not feel 37, but I feel like a lost child. We all need our moms even if we are older and losing them hurts just the same. I hope you take advantage of counseling at school or if your family has health insurance, you might want to ask about seeing a counselor to talk over your grief and finding positive ways to handle it and work through it. The worst thing you can do (or anyone can do) is turn to drugs and/or alcohol to try to "numb" the pain. It does not work that way. Feeling your feelings is the most important thing you can do for yourself.

Crying is normal and you may cry for many, many days (I still do) and that is OK. Write how you feel down, like in a journal. If you are religious, talk to someone in your church about what has happened. I'm sure you are strong and you will live on to help people remember your mother and you will remember her in your heart like we all remember our mothers and fathers whom we have lost. Peace be with you in this difficult time.

Hi Pup,

I lost my Father 6 months ago.I kinda know how you are feeling but I'm not 12 years old.Have you got a friend to turn to?It helps to cry so don't feel embrased or shy,that why I asked about a friend let all your feelings out.Talk to your Mother either to a photo or at her grave.Don't know how else to help you.I'm sorry

Hi pup,

We all have an idea of what you are going through. I lost my mom 6 months ago very suddenly. She was 37. Its hard to lose them when they are so young. It just seems very unfair!!! I'm 22, older than you but missing my mom so much. We are always here for you. You can vent on here anytime you know. Same the same thing over and oner again, i miss my mom!!!! I hope you are talking to someone, anyone. For me anyway, it has helped. I feel as though i am keeping her memory alive by talking about her. I wish you all the best!