Grief Healing Discussion Groups

New And Very Weary

I am struggling with my life lately.

I am trying to hold it together for my one remaining brother, but the pain is becoming unbearable.

I have lost 5 siblings and my mother.

I am from a very dysfunctional family to say the least.

I guess I am just looking for support.. for hope.. that this pain will lessen.

Ty for listening

Hello Emily I am so sorry you have a reason to be here.

I come here too for the comfort that others know/feel what I am feeling and for hope. I lost my husband in February and feel so lost without him.

Right now I am coasting, just doing the one hour, one day at a time thing. I hope that with time I will enjoy life again. I have a daughter and grandson that I am very close to and concentrating on them gives me purpose for now.

Seems like everything I do makes me tired very easily. Do you feel that too?

(((Emily)))

• 6 months later...

Thanks Diron

I fell away for a while, but slowly getting my life back on track.

I gained custody of my remaining brother, and he is my life now.

I lost my oldest brother when I was 11 and it has shook me to the core, I was the one who found him hanging in his bedroom after he decided to take his own life. My second older sister took an overdose when I was 16 and my youngest brother was killed by a drunk driver when I was 18.... I left home after that as he was the only reason I stayed... in January 2003 my oldest sister was found dead, accidental overdose the coroner said and in the May of that year, my other brother took his own life which has been the hardest of all for me... I was left utterly devastated and in such disbelief that I was going through all of this again.

I thought all hope was gone and I had given up on life as I knew it... but now I have my remaining brother to live for.. he is my life, my focus, he is my reason for living...

Thanks for listening... as the holidays approach I am struggling again.. missing my family...aching for them.. crying for them.. but trying to be strong.

Emmy

• 1 month later...

I am struggling with my life lately.

I am trying to hold it together for my one remaining brother, but the pain is becoming unbearable.

I have lost 5 siblings and my mother.

I am from a very dysfunctional family to say the least.

I guess I am just looking for support.. for hope.. that this pain will lessen.

Ty for listening

oh emily im in the same boat with you. you are in my prayers.

take care

janet

• 4 weeks later...

oh emily i am SO sorry. that is a load almost too unbearable to even think about.

here's my slant on it........ your siblings are in a better place where they can no longer hurt themselves, be hurt by anyone, and you need to realize that. you need to realize they are SAFE now and forever. nothing and no one can ever hurt them again.

that being said, does NOT make any of it easier to bear. but it may, in the long run, benefit you in dealing with it.

my heart hurts for you Emily, and i will keep you in my daily prayers. be strong and come back here often. we're a nice bunch and you will find a great deal of comfort and good thoughts here to help you get through this most difficult time of your life.

hugs {{{{{{Emily}}}}}