Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grunt The Dog

bigone

It's been nearly a year since I lost my beloved dog Grunt. He was a white German Shepherd I had since 1990. He and I would have fun together, play rough and have a ball. He was loyal and loving, and freindly to be around. Well, he got sick and old, and I had to put him down. It was very painful and agonizing for me. I cried when I left the animal shelter, and it will be a long time before I ever get a pet again.....

sad.gif

So sorry to hear about your dog Grunt - I just love that name. It sounds to me as though you are still having a difficult time dealing with his passing.

I just lost my cat of 17 years about 1 month ago - it feels like forever. Right this moment I miss the way he smelled when I kissed his sweet face.

One of the things that I did was to write a list of all the things that I remember about him. The goofy names I called him, his favorite treats, hiding places, where he liked to be scratched, our silly games of chase and pet. Stuff like that. I will never forget him and the process of remembering all of our fun times and writing about them memorializes and honors him and my feelings about our special friendship.

I'll say a prayer for you and Grunt tonight. BTW, have you visited the Rainbow Bridge web site? http://www.petloss.com/ You can memorialize Grunt by adding his name to a list of animals that have passed. They have a nice chat area and some nice poems and things to read. Also, kind of a nice candle ceremony. Just a thought... hang in there!!!