Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Have No Life

sad.gif It's been almost 2 years now & I am still grieving over my pets. Not the ones that died, the ones I gave away. I hate myself for turning my back on them. I had lots of pigs & chickens, ducks & goats too. I built a small petting zoo on my property. Anyways, the guilt has kept me from moving on. I have been in denial that I was/am still in depression. I covered up w/ mislc. stuff to keep my thoughts busy. I cry about music, so I haven't listened to a single song in almost 2 years, commercials bring tears, and I'm just now seeing that I am still depressed. I have been taking anti-depressants for many years. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Kiki

• 2 weeks later...

HI! I am a huge pet lover myself and the only suggestion that I can offer to you is try to embrace the things that make you sad/ cry. Listen to music while holding a picture of your pets and just let yourself cry. I think that too many times (myself included) people try to cover up their feelings rather than embrace them! Good luck!

Thanks for your reply & suggestion. I am aware of the fact that when thoughts of my animals enter my mind, I quickly focus on something else. Since that, I have become rather cold and distant from anyone. Do not want to get close to anyone or anything at all. Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Thanks Again,

Kiki

• 1 year later...

Hi Kiki,

I too am a very, very great lover of pets. I am sorry you are having such a rough, rough time... I recently lost my parents where I lived for forty years and had to move out... I also had a yellow lab named Chelsea and I have had her since she was five weeks old... She is now six years old and when I moved I could not keep her.... I had to give her to my brother who lives a distance away from where I live now... I went from seeing her everyday to only seeing her twice a month if I am lucky... Take care and I will keep you in my prayers Shelley