Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Denial Of Depression

Kiki&Kids

It's been almost 2 years now & I am still grieving over my pets. Not the ones that died, the ones I gave away. I hate myself for turning my back on them. I had lots of pigs & chickens, ducks & goats too. I built a small petting zoo on my property. Anyways, the guilt has kept me from moving on. I have been in denial that I was/am still in depression. I covered up w/ mislc. stuff to keep my thoughts busy. I cry about music, so I haven't listened to a single song in almost 2 years, commercials bring tears, and I'm just now seeing that I am still depressed. I have been taking anti-depressants for many years. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Kiki

• 1 month later...

have you tried visiting a petting zoo or volunteering at an animal shelter? I have found that through extreme pain if I force myself to move on it actually helps...although it won't bring back your animals it might help you feel better since you would be helping animals again!

Kiki, I'm sorry for the guilt that you're working thru. Have you thought about taking an online course? Volunteering at a humane society? I don't think your animals would want you to be unhappy. I know dealing with our emotions is hard to work. But I can tell that you love animals. You may even consider talking with a Counselor. I do agree with truckgirl, that sometimes when we force ourselves while we're in extreme pain, we do start the healing process. Best wishes.