Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Issues With My Mom Dating After Dad's Death

My mom started dating again less than 4 months after my dad died. She was honest with me about everything and from a logical standpoint, I understand but emotionally, I just wish I didn't know about it. She was my dad's caregiver for the last 3 years of his life and especially the last 4 months. He was constantly in and out of the hospital and the truth is, he was very nasty to her. Some people can be very sick and do so with dignity and not lash out at loved ones. That was my mother-in-law before she died 3 weeks ago. Other people are horrible, mean and nasty when they are terminally sick. That was my dad. It still just seems too soon. Maybe it is a way for her to cope and to escape. She told me she does what she can to not be in the house too much. She is constantly busy. It's almost like she's acting like she's my age instead of her actual age, which is 54. I know we all have to move on and live our lives, but it just seems like she has moved on too fast and is only setting herself up for heartache. This whole thing is just so hard and I really don't know how I am supposed to deal with the deaths of 2 people who were very important and special to me and also deal with my mom acting more like a lovestruck teenager than a grieving widow.