Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Can Not Make Sense Of It

yorky

Thank you for this site, it is just what I need . I feel that I 'm going out of my mind with grief my husband and friends can't help me I try to talk things through with them but they will not or can not understand . My daughter had four little dogs Mum Dad and two pups , I have always helped to care for them when she has had to go out to work right from the moment that she was born little Kiki seemed so special and I know it sounds silly but we bonded. She was my little ray of sunshine in a very difficult time. Last week because of aggressive oral cancer she had to be put to sleep.I know she didn't really belong to me yet in a way she did. I can not understand why such a gentle and wonderful little sole should have to be taken away she was with us for only 18months.

My dear friend, I am so sorry to learn of the death of your dear little Kiki ~ and of course you cannot make sense of it ~ please don't even try. Things like this are just beyond all human understanding. Just know that our hearts go out to you at this sad and difficult time ~ and I hope you'll find some comfort as you read through some of the other posts in this forum. At the very least, you will see that you are not alone. There are many kindred spirits here, all of whom share in your deep love for these precious creatures, and who understand the pain of losing them. You have my deepest sympathy.

I am sorry about your loss. It's not a matter of ownership, they become part of the family and you were the "Grandma" just like I am to my son's dog, Skye. I have taken care of Skye as much as my son has and he is very dear to me, even though he knows he belongs to my son.

Any time we lose a relationship, whether a person or a furry friend, it is a hard loss and it takes much time to adjust to them being gone. (((hugs)))

Kay

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! IT IS VERY HARD TOUNDERSTAND WHY SUCH AN INNOCENT CREATURE WHO NEVER HARMED A SOUL IS TAKEN LIKE THAT. I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT MY KITTIE I LOST IN AUGUST. I CRY EVERY DAY. IT IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND, REAL HARD! ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT HER SPIRIT LIVES ON AND I HOPE YOU CAN FEEL IT!

Yorky,

I don't think I could bear it if I didn't think I'd see them again! But I have to think about this logically, I know God to be a God of order and He's a creator, He wouldn't go to all the trouble to create a wonderful animal and then just let it be done in, He'd have to keep it around for further enjoyment, esp. if it's a great one, and our pets are!