Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Would Have Been Our 9Th Anniversary Today

Never out of my heart, never off my mind. If you were alive George, we'd be at the coast right now, holding hands on the beach...

I love you always,

Your Little One

Kayc,

May you remember all the Love and Good times shared and the happy thoughts give you comfort on this special day....I pray God will hold you close today and allow you some comfort....

This will always be your Anniversary till the end of time so allow yourself some special time...

NATS

Never out of my heart, never off my mind. If you were alive George, we'd be at the coast right now, holding hands on the beach...

I love you always,

Your Little One

I understand, Kayc. My anniversary is Oct 30th. Would have been 34 years. I was with him a year longer(8 mo) before we married.I'm choosing to spend it with two close friends down in Fla. being totally silly. One actually performed the marriage. She was a notary. Think of times past and memories shared. Maybe he'll visit you in a dream. Mine did last anniversary.LindaKay

Thank you, all of you. It's funny how it's just a number and a day, but it brings it all right back. My life has not been the same since he passed and I can't say as I've been truly happy in the sense that I was before. I've had periods of contentment, periods of it being "okay", but not truly "happy"...it just seemed so perfect with him. Sigh...gosh I miss him.

Sorry I missed your anniversary, Kay. Did you do anything special? I'm always at a loss on what to do. I think great love, like you and George have had needs a celebration. There are the constant thoughts, of course, as I'm sure there are for you. What would he have done to celebrate 9 years?

Nope, I didn't celebrate, it doesn't feel like anything to celebrate with him gone. I went to work like any other day. But I did think of him, a lot. If he'd been here we would have taken off work and headed to the coast, where we spent our honeymoon and our anniversaries. I miss him so much. It will be the grandest day ever when we are reunited. They say there is neither male nor female in heaven, no marriage...I don't care, we will still always be special to each other, I will always be known as his Little One to him and he will be my Big Guy. How could that ever change? For all eternity he will be the special one to me.

Last night I noticed the silk plant I had hanging in the kitchen needed attention, and instead of lightly dusting it, I decided to completely wash it with the sprayer...that was when I discovered Mistletoe in it. I remembered George put it up there nearly six years ago, the Christmas before he died. What a surprise! He was the one who always did those little festive things...and of course had to try and corner me under the mistletoe just so he could have another kiss. :wub:

Kay:

I too am sorry I missed your day. I too, believe we have a special connection to our soulmates that transcends it all.

Korina

Hi Kay, I just joined the site with the loss of my fiance on 10/22/10. I'm in a daze and the world really isn't real right now. Happy anniversary. We had just passed the sixth year mark on September 24 and he really wasn't feeling well, but I had no idea he was terminally ill. I know there will be other anniversaries and I hope I'm strong enough to get through them as you have.