Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Any More Positives?

I went to a museum today and enjoyed myself. I completed some paperwork that I have been putting off and off. Inch by inch little glow worm....smile.gif

Blessings, Carol Ann

I had a dream message last night. A pychic told me that many things in a message dream make no real sense but to look for the thread of the message. Well mine was of moving and getting new furniture/carpet/landscaping in the dream. I realized I had moved on a bit when my love died by remodelling our home. I wasted some money I didn't need to, That too was reflected in the dream/getting stuff I didn't really want. Then I was getting the message he was coming back. I worried whether he would like what I had done to the place. Then it clarified that he had died but he was still coming back. Not to me in this life but neverless he had chosen to come back. The pychic had told me when they're ready they will come back and live a new life. I'm sad but also glad if he is. I truly believe it was a message dream that I get occasionally. Never enough of them but always good to receive them.Linda Kay

I just got back from taking some of Melissa's clothes to a Professional Woman's Group Program called Dress for Success that provides onging support to help a client build a successful career. My heart feels joy to know that part of the essence of who Melissa was will live on in the life's of other women. Melissa would so be thrilled that I have made this choice. I feel a renewal of passion for one of the characteristics that Melissa and I shared and that is to help those less fortunate than ourselve's.

Bless this day and Bless all of us as we continue to weather this journey.

Carol Ann

• 3 weeks later...

Have a positive I think. A group of us are going to go caroling at the area nursing homes on Dec. 11. We are having our last rehearsal here at my house on the 5th, with mexican food after rehearsal. It is my first real party at our house since Mike died. It is forcing me to clean house, and mildly decorate for the holidays (that is why I volunteered my house for this last rehearsal) We have a guitar player, and a fiddle player, and some really good singers (myself not included, only mediocre singer), so this will be lots of fun. Seems unreal to entertain here without Mike, I hope no one is freaked out by his ashes being in the Arizona Red Rock Urn! At least house is looking better.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Mary,

I think that is great! I'm sure Mike will be right there singing along with you. I hope yours and everyone's holidays are filled with love and warm memories. I know Tim would not want me to be sad during this time and I'm going to give it my all to try and get in the holiday spirit. I put up our tree, haven't been able to bring myself to light it up yet :rolleyes: and decorated the outside with a few lights so that's a step in the right direction. And yes Mary, I'd love to meet sometime when you come to Sedona, just let me know.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen some new people on here in the last couple of weeks and I wanted to bring this up again, because it has helped me a lot.

On the days that I am feeling down, I try to find a positive, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem to someone else. Finding a positive, and holding onto that.....takes the focus off the negative.

My positive? I went to a Christmas party that my neighbor had this weekend. A "grown up" party, a reason to get out of the house, a reason to get dressed up. I of course had some anxiety over it, but I forced myself to do it. I had a couple of drinks, shared some laughs...enjoyed being with happy people. My happiness lasted for a couple of hours, then the sadness hit me.....that Jeff would have loved this party, we would have had fun, and then we would have gone home and the fun would have continued.

I know some people might say - "how can that be a positive when you went home alone and shed some tears missing your husband?"

Well - my positive is this - for two whole hours I had a good time. For two hours I laughed and talked and ate and drank. I felt a sense of normalcy.....for two whole hours!! I think that is a huge accomplishment 5 months into the grieving process....and my hope is that the next time, the normalcy will last a little longer!

Hugs,

Tammy

I have a positive also! I have recently had many whole days where I have felt close to normal and over the weekend I actually turned up the radio and sang along with the music without crying. I felt true joy in belting out the words. My poor son looked at me sideways trying to figure out what was wrong with me!

I have been to three small neighborhood party's this past two weeks and even attended a Christmas pagent at our church. I agree it was nice to be with grownups for a few hours. I too felt the tears well up as I walked home alone, but I'm realizing that I won't suffer forever. I will get stronger with patience and perseverence.

On Saturday I went out to my husbands shop to hide some Christmas presents and found a little sign on his desk that read, "PERSEVERENCE, The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it". I had given the sign to him four years ago when he was struggling with a personal problem. I remember the tears in his eyes and him telling me that he was so grateful that I had faith in him. I have brought the little sign inside and placed it next to the candles that we light in his memory. I picture him telling me not to give up.

I am so grateful for the positive things that continue to lighten my load. Cheryl

That's great Tammy and yes that is HUGE! Even the tears, although painful, is positive, as more pain was released and dissipated. Healing is happening!

Courage and Blessings, Carol Ann

That is great CheryL! You are right our pain lessens with each passing day I believe, never leaves, we just learn how to carry it and still engage and enjoy life again. Finding the little sign on his desk is what I call a GODWINK. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Pennies from Heaven, another one appeared yesterday on the center console in my car it was not there as I just cleaned the car....I think my sweetheart Ruth sends these when things are going rough for me.....WOW it brings me to my knees for sure.....but so positive....

NATS

Yes, I do have a positive today. I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and I've lost a total of 68.8 pounds. Makes me realize that if I set my mind to it, I can do it!! I think sometimes we need a little reminder that good things can happen during this journey. God Bless and may you all find something positive in your life.

Chris