Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Grandpa

In Sept of 2003 my uncle and his girlfriend went boating together. My uncle jumped in the lake to cool off and came up struggling. His girlfriend and the other couple with them, thought he was playing around. He went under again and never came back up. A dive team searched for him in the water. He resurfaced three days later. After that, my grandfather kind of just started aging and began losing his memory. He was diagnosed with the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. He struggled with it for all these years and this morning around 5 A.M. God took my grandfather home to rest. I'm glad he isn't suffering anymore, but I am really sad that he is gone. I feel bad for my grandmother, they would have been married 51 years this Christmas. He was a wonderful man and amazing grandfather. I love him and am going to miss him so much! Please keep my grandmother and family in prayer! Thanks so much!

Katie

grandpa.png

Katie, dear, I'm so sorry to learn this very sad news that your grandfather has died. Please accept my deepest sympathy, and know that I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. May your grandfather rest in eternal peace, and may his light shine upon you always, as his memory lives forever in your heart.

Dear Katie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa, I was very close to my Grandparents and when they died I felt such sadness (no matter what the circumstance, or the age) You're lucky that you got to spend time with your Grandpa, (there are SO many people that never get a chance to "know" their grandparents :( )

Is your Grandma doing alright ? This must be SO hard for her, she is very lucky to have you.

My thoughts will be with you, and we'll all be here to listen if you have

anything else you want to share.

Love and Peace to you,

Jodi :)

Katie, I am sorry to learn of this sad news. I will hold you and all of your family in prayer. I am so happy for you that you had such a wonderful Grandfather and his memory will be with you always. I offer my deepest sympthaties. Courage to you now and always.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Katie,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Grandfather (and your Uncle too if I understood right) & I'm sorry you had to see him struggle with Alzeihmers.

He looks like such a sweet man as I'm sure he was. Both my grandfathers passed when my parents were young so I've never known what it was like to have one but they always sound so great !

thinking of you during the difficult time with holidays coming up & know that we are always here to listen and share with you,

((hugs))

Niamh