Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Both My Parents In 28 Days

sad.gif I am so grateful to have found this site. I lost my Father on May 24th and my Mother on June 20th. Two totally different diseases. My Father had heart disease, and my Mother had Alzheimers.

I am going through some rough days here. I would love some support from anyone willing.

I think my parents wanted to be together again. It gets me through the bad days knowing they have each other. For us here on earth it is such horrific pain.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Ellen

malkow@tds.net

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My mother just died a month ago. My father has dementia and a host of other ailments so am I not sure how much longer he will live. It is so painful to lose a parent, but I cannot imagine the pain you must be going through losing them both so close together. I think that you are right-that they did not want to be seperated and that is why their deaths were so close. But you are also right when you say how much more painful it is to have to grieve them both at the same time. Although my dad is still alive, I still feel the loss of who he was and watching his slow mental decline is so difficult, as you can probably understand because of your mom. I wish you the best as you go through your painful journey. If you would like to chat more, feel free to email me.

av sqr_dancer

They are together again smile.gif .That is just what I thought when my Mom died on April 29th.

It helps but does not erase the pain of being left alone and you have lost both of your parents in so short a time.

Sometimes just writing down how you feel makes it a little better and here we are all feeling the same losses sad.gif

I pray for all of us every nite and I am hoping all those new angels up in heaven are listening to how much we love them smile.gif

It will be two years next week that my world was shaken to the core. My mom was diagnosed with liver cancer in 2002. I was devastated. I am an only child and my parents meant the world to me. About a year after the diagnosis, mom began going downhill rapidly. My dad was beside himself. They had been married 51 years and that was all he knew. He told me on two different occasions, he had been praying God would take him first. That is the way he felt it needed to be because he was 7 years older than mom. I assured him and reassured him I would help him through the pain as best as I could, but that it was obvious God intended to take mom home first. Little did I know, how wrong I was. On the 4th of April 2003, the Lord called my dad home by means of an aortic aneursym. Within three hours of arriving at the hospital, he was gone. Mom was at home, unconscience. She never knew.

I made the necessary arrangements, just going through the motions, in complete shock. Spent the night at the house with mom while sending my husband and two children back to collect our things for the next day. During the next day (April 5) which happened to be her 72nd birthday, mom had gotten noticeably worse. While changing to go to the visitation for my dad, mom passed away. Within 35 hours, I had lost BOTH parents. The pain is unexplainable! However, God heard and knew the pain they were both in. Mom, from her cancer and having to leave her family and Dad from losing his wife of 51 years. In God's indescribable, endless grace, He called Dad home before he could experience the numbing loss of his wife and allowed Mom to sleep right through it. Neither one of them had to experience the loss they both dreaded so.

They are now in Heaven, and wouldn't come back for any reason. I am thankful to God He spared them. I am thankful for the comfort He gives me daily. Even though it still pierces my heart, I know they are happy, and that makes me happy, even through my frequent tears. God is a God of matchless compassion!

I will keep you in my prayers, I know how difficult it is, but if you will allow the Lord to see you through it, He can comfort you like no other. Bless you.

Only Child