Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thanks To All Of You

I just needed to take time today to thank you all for being here for me. I appreciate your taking time from your own grief to read my posts and provide comfort to me in my darkest days. I came here three days after Clint died, unsure of what to find, totally lost in a horrible abyss of sorrow, pain, anger and I can't even describe all of what I felt. It has been the most difficult loss of all the many other losses in my life. His death was exactly two months ago today and I think back to that day in his hospital room in the ICU, surrounded by all the machines that I'd only ever seen on TV or hooked up to someone else. Now it was Clint who was dying, on life support and it was as though I was outside myself watching someone else sit there awaiting his last breath. But he just can't be dying, I told myself this over and over, yet--he did stop breathing. He did die. And I have to live my life without the most important man in my life. I couldn't imagine how I could even leave him there, let alone go on living.

You all understood and took me under your wings and I have found a new home with new friends who, no matter how silly my reactions or behaviors seem to the outside world, will be here for me 24/7. That is indeed a blessing.

This is what I'm thankful for this holiday season. You have made life much more bearable amid horrendous circumstances. I am a much more effective mother to my grieving son and woman to myself. I will come here often and read your words, feel your pain and respond with words that I hope will help someone else.

Thank you all again.

My heart is full of gratitude this morning and I was thinking along the same line when I opened my computer this morning. I have a couple people from this site that I speak to daily as well as reading the posts from day to day. My first post on here was titled "I am lost" and I still feel lost for sure but this site and the people on it have made the worst experience of my life a little easier to handle. The kindness and sharing are very inspiring. We have never met but share a common bond, like people in a shipwreck learning to rely on one another. We don't all feel bad on the same day so there is usually someone that can put a bright spot in darkest day of somebody else or at the very least let them know that they are not alone. I would also like to thank you all for your loving support......BW

I also would like to thank everyone for listening and caring. Tim's year anniversary is coming up on January 31st so I have almost been through all the "firsts" and don't know what I would have done without all of you. You have all become a very special part of my life. I can say exactly what I'm feeling and you understand. You have become my friends even though we have never met. During this holiday season, I hope you are all blessed with beautiful memories that bring smiles instead of tears. May God bless you all and keep you safe.

Chris

I too would like to express my grateful heart to all of you. I appreciate beyond words that you have accepted me and validated my pain. I appreciate that even in your own journey with loss, you reach out and offer support to me. I think of you all as my friends and I feel so blessed, thank you.

I also thank myself for feeling the fear and finding the courage to reach out to you all here. I respect my courage and strength. I want to encourage you all to thank yourselves as well.

I also thank God, my Higher Power, who has been with me through it all and sustains me when I can not.

I have an image of us all now this moment of giving ourselves a standing ovation! That includes you too, Marty.

I encourage you all to trust your grief, it is your best friend right now, go to where it leads you.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

You can include me in thanking all of you (& Marty) for helping me through this time. Bill is right, we don't all have our bad days at the same time, so there is always someone we can talk with and lift us up. I am amazed at the number of people here, for I looked at a few sites before I found this one and there was hardly anyone answering. I am healing with your help and for that I am very thankful. I just read this morning something that Marty had posted a while ago that also helped me. I was worried and feeling guilty because I didn't feel the pain of losing Don as sharply as I first did. I thought maybe I was losing my love of Don (although I know that can never be), maybe I hadn't loved him enough and therefore I could let go so easily. The article reassured me that everyone grieves in their own way, their own time, and it just means I'm moving on past the hurt & pain into the joy of living again with wonderful memories. I hope we all can find the joy of living again. Nancy

I would also like to thank everyone. There are so many times that I sit at my computer and start typing and then hit the delete button. I am terrible at putting my thought down on paper so I don't reply to alot of topics. Usually someone always says what I am feeling so much better than I ever could. I am just so thankful for all of you here and I would like to wish everyone a Happy Holidays! :wub:

Kat

I am so grateful also for the friends here on this site. You have all helped me through many rough days, and I am so thankful that I found this site. I have gone through many "firsts", and the my year anniversary of losing Michael is on Jan. 13th. I have taken that week off from work, and plan to just be alone and remember. I miss him so much, as we all do our loved ones that are gone, but you great people here have made some pretty bleak days a little easier for me and I thank you for that so very much.

Happy Holidays and many blessings to you all.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

I would like to thank everyone here too (this almost sounds like an Academy Award speech). Without this site grief would have been a much lonelier path to follow. I found this site just one day after Thyge died, and looking back, I was a complete mess then - mostly in shock, I think, but also unable to do anything, sobbing nearly all day. Being able to come in here and find support and empathy from friends who have experienced what I was going through has meant everything to me - especially since I have no supportive family members nearby, apart from my kids.

Here's hoping we manage to muddle our way through the holidays and come out on the other side in one piece. I know I'll be checking the site each day. This will be a tough Christmas.

Melina

This is a wonderful place to be...I'm sorry for the reason that we all happened to meet, but glad that we have each other!

I also extend my thanks to all on this site ! Working in retail this last week has been exausting to say the least. All I have been able to do is read the posts here and they have been insperational to me. They have givin me the strength to get through this very trying time. I hope that all here will find some peace and comfort somewhere in this time of stress !

Rachel