Grief Healing Discussion Groups

After Death Communication

grace10

Signs From Our Loved Ones

I have found some of this information to be interesting to me. I put it in a PDF format so it can be downloaded to your computer if you wish.

To this day, I am still witness to what I believe are signs from my Jim. I choose to remain open to this idea.

Anne

Signs of your loved one.pdf

Thank you, Anne. I haven't had much in the way of signs since George died, I wish I could...sometimes when I hear someone else telling about their dearly departed bringing to their attention a lost article or giving them a sign about something...I feel a pang of jealousy. (Doesn't George want to talk to me? Isn't he interested in what's going on in my life anymore?) I'm open to the idea, it just doesn't seem to happen much. And I wonder, if something happens (like a triple rainbow, as occurred when he died), is it my imagination or willful thinking getting carried away? Is it just life happening as usual, or is he really trying to communicate to me?

I think all of us wonder these thoughts. Yet I'm open. I miss him so much and sometimes I especially need and want communication from him of some sort...when I am struggling, don't know what to do, in need of comfort or encouragement. I whisper his name, I look up at his picture on the wall, I feel him inside my heart. Tonight, all the same, I think I'll ask him for a...hope for a...dream.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 years later...

This just in from our friend and colleague Dr. Annette Childs. Take time to watch the video ~ it is well worth it! (Allow 18 minutes.)

Why am I telling you all of this, and attaching a video to this post about ‘After Death Communications’??????? 

Because… it’s the perfect way to explain what the life of an Everyday Mystic is like…. The things I talk about in that video- experiences that hint at a larger reality-(okay maybe hint is the wrong word….knock upside the head might be a better term…) These kinds of events are the norm in my daily life….. Yet, Life never affords me a mountain top to go and sit upon…. No, it sends me soccer tournaments and work deadlines, and family commitments, and STUFF… lots and lots of busy, important, mundane, never ending STUFF- all day every day……But none of that really matters- if I let the Interactive Universe know that ‘I’m in’….. it doesn’t matter how busy and harried my daily life is…the Sacred always finds me…. Somedays it just winks in passing, but other days, Sacred pulls up a chair at my busy table and unloads a monumental cosmic truth or two.

It is a cycle I have lived my entire life- and now that I have that big ‘TO DO’ crossed off my list with the launch of my interactive website I will have a way to share this path of the Everyday Mystic with others. If you think this may be a path for you... stick around- I will be talking more about it in the weeks to come.

Enjoy the video and I hope to see you soon on the new site xo

40649b4b32e0c8111604b9b1fa3df9ba.png
After Death Communications are one of the topics we explore in my new book Soul Messenger.... 

75355983-47d6-48ef-93e5-4ec45037c1fe.png

“After-Death Communication” – a free webinar with Dr. Gloria Horsley & Dr. Heidi Horsley with guest host Bill Guggenheim just aired today. It was excellent and will air again in a few days on Open to Hope. So many stories and it just needed to be listened to. A few points that I found interesting were: “there is no time limit on ADC,” “you can be your own medium,” “we can’t go back,” “reach out – that is how we heal,” “here we have an earth suit, only thing we bury is the physical body,”

I liked the fact that they brought up Darcie Sims “the Mother Teresa of Grief and Loss” and mentioned that you only have to be with her for a few minutes before you are laughing. A book mentioned is – Hello From Heaven: a New Field of Research-After-Death Communication by Bill & Judy Guggenheim.

An hour well spent and I will probably listen to it again when it airs in a few days. 

Darcie Sims passed away on March 4, 2014, but her websites are still up. 

• 2 years later...

This may help someone 

The person I lost and I mainly communicated on Facebook messenger. I’ve downloaded all our conversations and had them made into a book and along with that there was a pdf. It’s been a comfort and reading it has made me hear him in my head. I’m new here so I don’t want to break possible advertising rules but I found the company via a google search 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 8:32 AM, AnnJ said:

This may help someone 

The person I lost and I mainly communicated on Facebook messenger. I’ve downloaded all our conversations and had them made into a book and along with that there was a pdf. It’s been a comfort and reading it has made me hear him in my head. I’m new here so I don’t want to break possible advertising rules but I found the company via a google search 

I've done the same. My first thought when I saw the thread was "save it", so I put it in Drive, and I also took some screencaps of my favourite things she said and cute pictures she sent me. I can hear how she would respond to certain things too, and lots of things not just a message.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I communicated with my friend on WhatsApp, and every two weeks or so I backed up our chat transcripts. In the end, the final version is over 500 single-spaced pages. It surprised me how comforting it is to read this, it's like hearing him in my head. I also started an online scrapbook, of all the communiques  between me and my friends after his death, but that's not as much  fun.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 1/22/2011 at 11:12 AM, grace10 said:

Thank you, Gail, for sharing the info about ADC forums. I especially loved the song story.

I was thinking about a song I wrote many years ago this morning before I even came to this site, and realized, in many ways, it is a type of grief song that reminds us of how our loved ones are always with us, and love always exists. I think many songs are channeled. I have been thinking of updating it, and getting it out there. It was copyrighted in 1976, Here's a few of the lyrics:

For You

Your love is all around me

Be it morning, noon, or night

The shadows have all lifted

This world seems a little more right

I have to say, I want to tell you now

If you ever go away, ever go away

You'll always be a part of me

You've given so much love to me

You'll always be a part of me, forever

this reminds me of Randy Newman's song "We Belong Together" from a Toy Story movie. I have been playing it lately because i really like the line "so dont forget, of the future should take you away, that youll always be a part of me!" the song is basically about a romantic relationship i guess but i apply it where suitable to my situation

So here's an experience I had that may be of interest. Posted before but in the midst of a giant post so probably overlooked. 

My dad has always been an atheist, actively disbelieving. He's a scientist. I was raised basically like that as my mother is agnostic but indifferent to it all. 

He remarried and won custody of me so i lived with him and my step-mom and step-grandma and stepsister. They were all Catholics and grandma was most devout, praying Catholic mass every day.

They always avoided discussing their differences but were well aware. 

Anyway, grandma passed away in february 2020 at age 88. Some weeks after I had a dream, very brief but powerful, of grandma sitting in our pool and drinking wine - both things she'd absolutely never do in life! - and she simply called over to me holding up her glass and said happily, "I'm having a great time, Peter."

Now, Peter is my dad's name not mine. And while she did often jumble names in in general, it is odd that I would dream of her addressing me that way and without immediately correcting it to my name. 

But what I realised was that by saying his name, it's much more likely that I'd tell them about the dream and not immediately dismiss it. And maybe because he heard it from me, with his name specifically, he would remember it more than if it was his own dream. 

I really do feel strongly inclined to think it was really a communication. My parents are not the types to have such dreams, they are kind of closed to it and too busy. 

I am open minded and have had similar experiences before like precognitive dreame, usually warning me of trouble by showing an eventual outcome of a situation. I've always took the, seriously and followed the conclusion of the dream like "stop hanging out with that crowd". 

So it does make sense that she would communicate that through me. The message is pretty clear; she, her spirit, continues to exist, and she is having a great time! 

It has not made me believe 100% in such things because in many ways I have the same mind as my dad and will even be skeptical of such things even when very personally significant. I just find it so hard to believe unquestioningly, but it did push me pretty far towards it like a leaning belief. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure if I have experienced any after death communications.  When my father died 15 years ago, whenever I would visit home and check up on my mom there would be some familiar smells that I would sense out of nowhere that made me think is there a presence in the house.  These would occur especially when I was having sad thoughts.

Last summer my mother died of cancer, and after recently going through the one-year mark I've been extremely sad about the loss, undoubtedly because of the long and cumbersome estate process which has been wearing me down; being an only child it's completely my burden.  One thing I've been noticing is the presence of cardinals that have been visiting.  They visited the yard while I was caregiving, and I noticed one visiting the past few weeks especially when I was feeling at my lowest.  I've read that when a cardinal visits you, they are supposed to be your loved ones who are either visiting you or they are messengers when you're in a time of need.  I'm not sure whether to believe this, but I want to think this is true.  

Jeff

• Like 1

Hi jc1030

Absolutely. I believe our loved one’s spirits, essence, presence or whatever is around us in some shape or form not always visible. If it gives you comfort and strength then that’s all that matters. I met my loss’s daughter the other day, not seen her since November and as we sat down to eat lunch she spotted a white feather on the floor. He’d come back to see us, show us his presence or it could have been from a bird, who knows but it’s stayed with me since. 
Take comfort from it. My heart goes out to you on your loss and for all the estate work which is not just hard but emotional too. Be gentle with yourself x 

• Like 1

Absolutely, whatever brings us comfort, so sorry for your loss, this is hard to deal with and wrap our minds around.