Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of Son

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

Well today I had to go to the Thai Embassy as Thanomsil's money-grabbing brothers keep insisting on a death certificate in Thai issued by the Embassy. Fortunately the girl there used to work with my son in a restaurant, so knew him personally and was very friendly and helpful. When she realized whose death I was registering, she was genuinely upset and said that only last year he had been to the Embassy to apply for a new passport, a passport he never got the chance to use. More tears (from me, not her).

Dear Nicholas,

I just want to say thank you for giving Thanomsil love. Nicholas, I hope you are proud and know what a gift you gave to Thomansil. It sounds like life with his family in Thailand would have been one without love. I say thank you for giving Thomansil a home full of love, life and opportunity. It must be torturous to go to Thailand and be around those that are only interested in what they can "get".

The more you share about Thanomsil the more I see what a good Father he must have had. A Father, who loved him unconditionally. A Father who let him be his own person and make his own decisions. This is a Father who truly loves his son. You gave Thanomsil what he would not have had in Thailand.

I am proud of you for allowing yourself to cry when the pain comes. Keeping our pain bottled up inside just causes it to grow and prolongs our healing.

Know that I hold you in gentle thought and prayer.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Guest Nicholas

Well I finally decided to take the bull by the horns, as we say, and book my flights to Thailand. I made sure I would be there for what would have been Thanomsil's 44th birthday on April 2nd. Better to be crying over there than at home alone. I doubt anyone in his village remember birthdays anyway. I guess everyone on the flight will be excited about their forthcoming vacation in the sun, except for me.

Dear Nicholas,

I know that was a tough task to have completed and you have done it Nicholas. What a wonderful Birthday gift for Thanomsil, to have his Father who loved him uncondtionally, there in his village.

I and others here Nicholas, will be with you in spirit as you carry out and demonstrate your love for Thanomsil.

I continue to hold you in gentle thought and prayer.

Guest Nicholas

Dear Carol Ann,

Thank you for your kind thoughts as always. It will, indeed, be an arduous task carrying half his ashes halfway round the world, but he spent 24 years in his village and it is only right that part of him returns to rest there and those in the village get a chance to stay goodbye too.

Nicholas

Dear Nicholas,

You are an honorable and a man of great integrity. I am honored to know you. Perhaps Nicholas, you could take a journal with you, and write as a means to express your pain and thoughts and release it from you. Then, someday, you may even want to publish it as a further cathartic act towards healing and reconcilliation of Thanomsil's death.

I am honored to witness Nicholas and pray that I offer you some comfort, some solace, as your sharing has offered me and others.