Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Year Anniversary Of Starting Therapy

STARKISS

Hi All, Today is so emotional for me, it was one year ago I decided to find help with everything I am going through... I can not believe it has been a year but for me it is going to take more time but I will continue till I feel more alive again.. Shelley

Shelley, your therapy is one of the most precious gifts you can give to yourself. This can change your life ~ for the better! You are the only one who can give this present to yourself, and hooray for you for knowing that you DESERVE it and you are WORTH it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marty, Thank you for your kindness and all your encouragement... I agree if it was not for starting therapy I would have probably been dead by now and with my therapist I have a chance to get better... Shelley

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, As most of you know I have been in therapy for over a year now, I missed my session this week and so my therapist emailed me and asked me if I was serious about getting better.. I know that I have missed a few sessions and i know that therapy is important if I want to be well again.. I just find myself unfocused and just not wanting to go all the time... I need help to make myself realize that it is important and that i need to attend every week no matter what.. Shelley

Hi Marty, Thanks , I have just got off the phone with my therapist and she said the same thing... It is only me that can keep me going to therapy.. I have decided to make up a reward system... I will keep count of how many weeks I go and when I get to a certain number of sessions I will be able to do something really kind for myself such as buying a new top or going to the movies or seeing my dog for the weekend... What do you think is this childish or should I do it... Shelley

ABSOLUTELY NOT childish at all Shelley,it's good to treat yourself and do those things that make you feel a little better,it's nice to buy something for yourself,or go see a good movie etc, sometimes shopping is just what's needed to put a smile on your face so GO FOR IT I say :-)

((())))

Niamh

Dear Shelley,

I hear and understand your reluctance to continue with therapy. I do want to reiterate to you that it is "your choice". I do hope you choose to continue with therapy so you can know the joys of recovery. Remember, I told you about the "aftermath" well, this reluctance is part of that Shelley.

I don't believe it childish at all to buy things for yourself, or do things that bring you comfort. In fact, I believe it so neccessary and you so DESERVE IT!

I know I am so grateful that I gave myself the gift of "therapy" and I pray and hope you give yourself that gift too to move beyond surviving to "thriving" in life.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Hi Carol Ann,

Thanks for taking the time to post and I really appreciate everything you have done for me... I need to stop thinking of just me all the time, I am always being told I am really self centred and I do not care about other people's feelings... So I have decided when out in public I will keep to myself and not talk about me unless I know who the person is and I know it is all right to do so... Shelley