Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Bicky's Story

marklovesbicky

I, too, like the idea of mixing ashes...I want mine spread where my husband's lay, and that is where mine and Arlie's will go too when the time comes...it's also where Lucky girl (my last dog) and King George (our cat) are laid to rest. Like we call it, "the Family Burial Plot"!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark and KayC,

I'm glad you both understand about mixing our ashes with our pets that we loved so much. I've gotten more than a few odd looks when I mentioned this to some people....

Glad to have friends who can relate!

Tracy

Tracy,

My dog truly IS my best friend and companion! I would go stir-crazy without him. Not to mention the incentive he gives me for life. I don't think it strange at all that we place the level of importance that we do with our pets...they are our family!

Tracy

Completely agree with you and Kay C.

When somebody gives me a strange look or smirk when the see the urn of Bicky or all his pictures, I just feel sorry for them, having not known the wonderful love one can feel and relationship one could have with a fur baby.

If there were ever a fire at my home, the first thing I would be rescuing (other than Naoko:)) would be Bicky's urn.

Weird? I guess so. But I'll wear thatnas a badge of honor, love, and loyalty to the Bixter!

Last night I got home from work and got Arlie out of his pen and we started on our walk when we heard bloodcurdling screams from a cat that sounded uncannily like our Kitty. Arlie was as concerned as I was, and we hightailed it back home. I called and called her, nothing. I went into the house and there she was, like "What?..." I got Arlie's leash back on him, satisfied that Miss Mocha and Kitty were safely inside the house, and he showed me a toofer-grin (one where a tooth sticks out the side of his mouth when he smiles), thinking he'd gotten ripped out of a walk and glad that we were resuming it after all. My kids are everything to me...all of my furry kids.

Mark,

When I read about Bicky and your rescue of him, I said I must look into my dog's eyes and try and see what he truly means to say. He is a chihuahua so it is a bit of a struggle to get down on all fours to lock his eyes to mine. But after you told us of your beautiful moments every time it was a first for Bicky I want to know Casper, although it is totally different with the cat Jasmine who does not pay two hoots to me. They both are my landlady's pets but I take Casper for walks and runs and he is a true friend in sorrow or loneliness.

Regards,

Kavish

Dear Kavish

Thank you so much for this message. Yes, looking into the eyes of one our fur babies is looking into their souls.

Casper and Jasmine sound sound adorable. Often times the relationship dynamic is different between one with a dog and a cat. Cats are often less dependent and aloof. Still, they love in their own way. Dogs, on the other hand, eagerly display their love and loyalty.

And it really makes no difference who (technically) own Casper and Jasmine, it's who loves, respects, and spends time with them that matters.

Merry Christmas!

Mark (and Bicky)

Hi Mark ( & Bicky),

I love Jazzy. She is fiercely independent and looks right through me. She was "on her own" for 6 weeks which I would like to know how she lived when someone finally alerted us to her whereabouts. Casper is forgiving of all my short comings while I have to strive to live up to Jazzy's high standards.

Thanks,

Kavish

post-13042-0-46624500-1355121570_thumb.j

Kavish,

You are so right about cats being different! Last night I called my cat and motioned for her to get up on the sofa with me. She stopped just shy of doing so and waited. I took my cue and pretended to ignore her. She promptly jumped up...after making sure I knew it was HER idea to do so! So different than a dog that just waits eagerly for any bit of attention! Ha, but we love them all!

To understand cats I would need to go to the inner depths of my soul to understand their playful self. I only snatch a few glimpses of her all day and at night she is out and about enjoying, running circles around furniture and just having a jolly good time all by herself in the dark. I just admire their independent spirit.

Thanks Mark and Kayc & Bicky.

post-13042-0-97052100-1355191269_thumb.j

Dear Mark

Your love for Bicky gives me strength. I found this website after recently losing a greatly loved companion animal of my own, a house bunny. However I relate well to your story as I also found an emaciated, tick ridden, flea infested puppy on the streets and brought him home. I live in Hong Kong so I am sure the situation is similiar to Japan; hundreds of abandoned and stray dogs and puppies living on the streets. That was 6 months ago and he is now a happy boy although he still has health problems resulting from a nasty bout of tick fever. Just like you described, Dexter is also eternally grateful and is my big, furry shadow. I didn't know a thing about dogs and was totally in at the deep end, trying to do everything right and not knowing what to expect. Who knows what the future holds as the tick fever has been almost impossible to get rid of. He is now on some new medicine and we are waiting to find out the results. If Dexter lives with us for as long as you had Bicky it will be extra special and a real blessing. I have so enjoyed reading about you and Bicky.

I just have to share a picture posted on FB of my granddoggy, Mozzy...not to scare any of you would-be pet lovers off! :D

post-914-0-78154000-1355257262_thumb.jpg

Dear Courtney

I am so sorry to hear about your house bunny; they can make such beautiful companions.

I am happy to hear about your new addition to your family "Dexter". Yes, it seems that Dexter and Bicky have a lot in common. Bicky had ticks, fleas, heartworms, you name it, when we first met on that day that changed both of our lives forever (July 23rd, 2002).

I hope Dexter can mange through this case of tick fever. It sounds like he is in wry good hands. After Bicky recovered from his heartworms, ticks, and fleas, I realized he was the one that eventually saved me ( and not the other way around).

Thank you so much for your support and keep us updated on Dexter's progress!

Kavish

Thank you so much. I also believe that Bicky is eternally in me. I also look forward to the day he and I are joined together again. This thought is what helps me get thorugh the lonely times.

And Kay C

I love that picture of "Mozzy".So cute!

Since we're sharing pictures, I'm attaching some Christmas pictures of my Bicky. Sorry guys; I couldn't resist. :)

Merry Christmas everybody!

post-14619-0-06665800-1355499844_thumb.j

post-14619-0-36778600-1355499868_thumb.j

post-14619-0-58116400-1355499885_thumb.j

Your Bicky looks like just the perfect dog! The perfect size, a "WOW" smile, and lots of personality! I can sure see why you miss him. I am struck by how similar he looks to my dog except way smaller. :) Thanks for sharing these pictures with us! And Merry Christmas to you too!

Hi Mark,

I don't believe in death. I believe the soul lives on and the physical world is only our imagination. What the eyes see we believe. Two books I want to share Deepak Chopra's Life After Death, though I don't agree with the Topic Death. And another recommended by him Concise Yoga Vashista. Mozzy is cute, like a child ready to hoodwink you.

Thanks,

Kavish

Well I, for one, am certainly glad I DO believe in afterlife because if I didn't think we (me and my late husband) would be joined together again...well, that'd just be too hard to handle. I know people here believe different things and that's everyone's perrogative, but...well, we need what we need to keep going. Don't burst my bubble if I'm wrong! :)

• 6 years later...

Bicky's Story...bumped.