Grief Healing Discussion Groups

100 Sled Dogs Massacred Post 2010 Olympic Games!

I am absolutely outraged that this has happened. I am one of a group of volunteers who shed Light on animal torture and abuse, and work to have these poor animals rescued, rehibilitated, and loving homes found. Our group is one of several.

What was this human thinking that ordered this cull? Sadly, I know the evil that exists in our world only to well. There was no need for this to occur. I have been up all night thinking on those poor dogs, and weeping off and on. Absolutely despicable!

I was going to attach an article from a local newpaper but decided no-one needs to read the grizzly details. I am horrified, saddened, and outraged that the laws here in Canada are so lame. Everytime I turn around it seems I am asking the same question and that is: How can some humans be so evil? I think on my cat Sunshine, who at the hands of my family was tortured, to get me to comply to despicable deeds that I am still vomitting about when I think on it. What is the matter with this world? Sometimes I dream that Melissa is still alive, we live on an island, no other humans are there, our family are the animals, and we are finally at peace and allowed to experience our love in complete serentity!

Those poor dogs, just triggerd so much for me to hear of this story. I still hang onto that Good always triumphs over Evil, and that Light always triumphs over Darkness but at times it feels I am only hanging onto that belief by a thread.....

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Oh Carol Anne, I know exactly what you mean. I couldn't even read this whole story as I just couldn't take it. Why didn't the worker tasked to do this ring someone to tell them what was happening? Just hideous. Unbelievable.

Hoping for better,

Becka XXX

Oh Marty, I too am following this link. All tragedies such as this affect me deeply but I suppose because this one is so close to home in more ways than one it has affected me even more so.

As I shared I myself volunteer my time with an organization who rescues animals in abusive situations and I have seen and witnessed animals who are near death because of how they have been treated and with the proper care come back to life and we find homes...ALWAYS! IN all the time I have been doing this work we have NEVER had to euthanize an amimal.

I am just so outraged that more value is put on the "almighty dollar" versus a life. Till the day I die I will be a "VOICE" for humans and animals alike who have been abused into silence.

Carol Ann,

I just signed a petition at www.thepetitionasite.com regarding this horrific act and the need to prosecute the person/people responsible. This is just horrible and was all done because the tourism dropped. Turns out the person who did it developed PTSD. What kind of employee would do this under any circumstance anyway? I would rather have no job and starve than bludgeon 100 dogs, but apparently the employee tried to find the dogs a home. This is more like torture.

Hi Grace,

Yes, horrific and torture is what occured.. I also signed a petition.....as far as the employee, knowing they developed PTSD tells me that they have a conscience, and most likely will be tormented over this for some time to come. My hope and prayer is that they decide learn about themself as to why they could not say NO, and then use what they learn for good.

Just tragic on so many levels!