Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Little Girl Has Passed Away...

Lucy

It seems to me that I always feared that day... the day that she would leave... Cancer took her away within 3 days.

I found this site tonigt and I thank God that I can express my sorrow and see that I'm not the only one to be grieving that much for a pet.

She was my baby! For almost 13 years. Molly was her name. I could hold her on only one arm so she was little. She was a 6 pounds black poodle toy, with long legs, tiny body. She was so cute everybody would talk to her. And she made me laugh all along these years of rough time for me, she was the only part I was afraid to lose.

It hurts so much now, I miss her with all my body.

I have to get along with people as if nothing would have happened but I can't.

Every part of me is crying.

My little woolen ball... I can't believe she won't come back!

I understand that everything gets better with time... but now I hardly believe it can work this time. It is too much.

Little Molly, your life has ended, and a part of me has ended with you.

God help me, because nobody around me seems to care.

Lucy, I am so sorry for your loss of Molly. I understand completely how you feel. I lost my baby in Feb, Itchy was 14 1/2 years old. He died of liver and kidney failure. I lost my first baby last Feb, Oscar was14.5 years old but he died of kidney failure. You've come to the right site. I can tell how much you cared about her, and took care of Molly. Give yourself time to grieve, cry and remember Molly. You might consider joining a pet loss support group. You can find that information out online. You might also consider taking a course, and reading a book. That's what I did. You might even surprise yourself that when you talk to people, you'll find that they've also lost a pet and know exactly how you feel. But most importantly Lucy, give yourself time to heal. It's been five months since I lost Itchy. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him. Same thing with Oscar. I often picture them playing tennis ball in the sunshine. I know that one day, I will join them at the Rainbow Bridge. I hope this brings you comfort Lucy.