Chelsea Is Dying

STARKISS

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm glad you get to spend some time with her, Shelley. How is she doing?

Hi All, I just got home after four days with my beloved Chelsea, boy it was so good to see her for that long... It was so hard to see her stumbling around the house though and everytime she needed to get up I had to lift her backend up so she could stand up on her own... I think she is okay but I feel that she is slowly slipping away from me and this will be so devasting to me when it happens... Shelley

Dear Shelley and Marty,

I am so so sorry you are both dealing with end of life issues with your fur babies. My heart goes out to you. Bill and I lost one dog in 2000 and I wept many tears. My Bentley is almost 8 so I hope we have 4-6 more years together. I will keep both of you in my heart and prayers as you go through this loss.

Shelley, I missed a beat somewhere and do not know where your dog is but I am so glad you got to spend time with her. I know it had to be hard to leave her under any circumstances but especially now.

My prayers,

Mary

Update Everyone,

My sister in law that has Chelsea phoned my yesterday and told me that she was rushing chelsea to the vet because her back legs were both swollen alot and she was worried about what this might mean.... shelley

Shelley

I am so sorry Chelsea is going through more complications and that you are also. I will keep you in my thoughts and hold you in the light.

Mary

Poor Chelsea! I hope they can do something for her.

(((hugs)))

Hi All,

Just to let you all know that Chelsea will be gone by Monday as she has Cancer and the vet wanted to put her asleep today but has allowed her to see me one last time and it will take place tomorrow... Keep me in your prayers... Shelley

Oh Shelley ~ I'm so, so sorry ~ but it's good to know that you will see Chelsea again before her transition takes place soon. Shelley, there is something I'd like you to read, if you're willing ~ it's written by my dear friend Rita Reynolds, founder of The Animals' Peace Garden and author of the very beautiful book, Blessing the Bridge: What Animals Teach Us about Death, Dying and Beyond ~ and someone I hold in very high regard. I hope and pray that it will soothe your aching heart:

Euthanasia: The Merciful Release

Please know that we all will be thinking of you tomorrow, and holding both you and Chelsea close in our hearts. I feel so bad for you, dear Shelley :(

Hi Marty, Thanks I will read this, I just do not know if I can live without her... I lost my mom, I lost my dad, now it is Chelsea they were my backbone to survive all this... Now they will all be gone and what will happen to me I feel so alone and are not sure what I am still here for... Shelley

Hi Shelley,

I am so so sorry. I know tomorrow will be hard. I have said good-bye to pets and it IS like losing another family member....I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers especially tomorrow as you say good-bye to her. I believe dogs will be waiting for us on the other side also. You have had a lot of loss and you will make it though none of us know how other than a day at a time. Peace, Mary

HI ALL JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT I APPRECIATE ALL THE THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS BUT I HAVE DECIDED TO NOT SEE HER TOMORROW AND I AM NOT ATTENDING MY THERAPY SESSION EITHER ... I AM LOCKING MYSELF UP IN THE HOUSE AND NOT ANSWERING EMAILS, PHONE CALLS OR THE DOOR... SHELLEY

Shelley, dear, I know you'd like to shut yourself off from the entire world right now, and most especially from the reality of what is happening to Chelsea. But that won't change anything. I want you to remember that you are not alone. You have many people who care deeply about you and for you, Shelley, especially all of us here on this site. But you must love yourself enough to take good care of you, too! I urge you, in the strongest possible way, to contact your therapist immediately ~ that is what she is there for.

If you think you're in danger of hurting yourself, Shelley, and if you're unable to contact your therapist right now, please click on this link again and read what is written there: If You Are Thinking about Suicide, Read This First

Hi Marty, you are right and Chelsea would not want me to feel bad about her dying... She would want me to finish this journey and to remember her memories and that she will be waiting with my parents till I meet her again... So I am going to finish this journey and even when it hurts so very much I will remember her kisses and her sweet little face... Thanks for being there for me especially now... I will pray for strength to finish my time on earth... I am still really in alot of pain but will keep pushing myself through it all.... shelley

Shelley, dear, you are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for. After what you've already been through in your life, I know that you are a survivor, and I have faith in you. I believe that you will get through this, too. But please don't do it by isolating yourself. That simply is not necessary, and it isn't healthy, either. I need to know that you will contact your therapist today. Can you do that for me, for you, and for all of us?

Hi Marty, I am sorry but right now I am trying to find the courage to take the train to see Chelsea and that is all I can handle at this moment... I really do not want to see her but I made a promise to my brother I will see her one last time... I have so much pain right now and talking about it will not help right now... but I will promise I will see her after the weekend is over but for now i need to be alone to just get over it right now... Shelley

My dear Shelley, there is no need to apologize. You are the one who lives inside your own skin, and you alone are the best judge of what you need right now. I respect that and I have great faith in you. Trust in your own heart, soul and instincts ~ Do what YOU need to do for YOU, and know that you carry each and every one of us along with you, whatever you decide to do about Chelsea. All I ask is that you keep us posted. Otherwise I am in for an entire weekend of worrying about you ;)

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and kindness, I have decided to go and see Chelsea one last time and so I will not have internet where I am but will post as soon as I arrive home again on Sunday... Thanks again so much you are all truly wonderful people... Shelley

Hi All, Just a quick update i am with chelsea and she is struggle some what today, I was told the vet wanted to put her down on friday but my sister in law would not let her till I saw her once more... She is on pain killers and this is her last full day on earth... when i leave her tonight to go back home it will be the last time I will see her and I am so scared i will forget what she looks like... I am so emotional and can barely make it through this last day with her ... my brother does not want her to realize anything is wrong and my sister in law is going to make her last meal a steak as she has done this for all her past fur loves... sorry got to go very sad right now... Shelley

We're all with you in spirit as you spend these last hours with your beloved Chelsea, Shelley. Make these hours count, and make good memories with her. I hope you have access to a camera. If so, take as many pictures of Chelsea as you can, and ask someone to take some of them with you and Chelsea together. Understand that all of this is much, much harder on you than it is on Chelsea. I'm sure she is overjoyed and very, very proud to know that you found the strength and the courage to spend these last hours with her, Shelley. I know for sure that I am

Shelley

You are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through yet another very tough and painful time. I admire your strength in going to see Chelsea one more time. I know it is so hard as I have lost a dog several years ago. Know that we are all holding you in the light. Peace, Mary

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who has kept Chelsea and myself in their prayers and for all your kindness... Please keep us in your prayers and know that Chelsea appreciates everyone here that has been nice to her mommy... shelley

Hi All, I am home again and I have said my final good byes to my beloved dog and best friend in this world... it was so hard to see my brother dig her grave today, she is being wrapped in her favorite blanket which was actually a blanket from my bed when I was a little girl... My sister in law is given her steak for her final meal before the vet comes to do the needles... I can not believe she is going to be gone by this time tomorrow my poor little girl... I Love you Chelsea... Shelley

Hi All, Just wanted to let you all know that Chelsea left this earth at 730am this morning in my sister in law's arms after eating her favorite food steak.. The vet came and my sister in law told me she went peacefully and my brother has dug a grave for her and she is going to have her favorite blanket with her... Thanks for all the prayers and kindness... Shelley