Chelsea Is Dying

STARKISS

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much Marty for all you have done for me, especially how you helped me deal with Chelsea's death... I will keep remembering our good times together and she will always be in my heart for ever and ever... I will shed a tear but I will keep moving on till the moment I see her again... I have made a scrapbook of our times together and so I have her close to me... Shelley

Shelley, My heart reaches out to your heart in this time of sorrow and loss. You WILL meet again. Mary

Hi All, Boy I can hardly believe that it has been almost one full day since Chelsea has died... I am very, very angry right now and it is so very strange I think that I should be more sad but who knows right... Shelley

I am so sorry about Chelsea. I find myself getting angry about Bill's death because it all feels so unfair when a good person or pet dies. I also think I get angry when I feel so helpless. I try to go with the anger and usually beneath it are a ton of tears. YOu are in my thoughts...I know I will face this same thing within 6 years maybe 8 if I am lucky and I have faced it before. It just plain hurts....Peace, mary

Shelley, dear ~ Sometimes it's easier for us to be mad than sad, because being angry helps us feel less helpless, less powerless and less of a victim of circumstances we cannot control. Usually, though, underneath the anger is a whole lot of sadness. What you're feeling is normal, Shelley ~ How could you not feel angry that this beautiful, loving soul has exchanged her earthly address for a heavenly one? You love Chelsea. She's gone. You're left here to carry on without her. You miss her. It hurts. It feels so unfair. And it makes you mad as well as sad. We understand.

Guest Robert27

Shelley I am so sorry to here about the loss of your sweet dog Chelsea, I just now seen your latest updates, I haven't been on the computer much, I would have wrote a lot sooner.

Chelsea was lucky to have you as a owner and caregiver, and I'm Sure as much as you Loved Chelsea that Chelsea Loved you as much or More,

Theres not much else I can say but that I'm Thinking of You Shelley and Im Sorry for Your Loss,

one thing for Sure You Always will have great memories of Chelsea and You will always have Chelsea in your Heart.

Hi All,

Thank you All for all your kindness and prayers, Chelsea went the way she lived Happy and wagging her tail right till the end... I appreciate what everyone has done for me with all the wonderful posts... You are All truly amazing... Love to you all Shelley

Oh Shelley, this made me cry. I'm so sorry that you & Chelsea have to be parted by death, even though I'm glad any suffering is over. I love my dogs a ridiculous amount, their love is so simple & straightforward, no complications, no subtexts or grudges. They're our fanclubs, our cheerleaders & our confidantes. The meal & the blanket were just lovely.

I know I felt HORRIBLE when my two dogs had to be away from me after Mum died & I wasn't well enough to look after them. I will regret that until the day I die...& yet I know it wasn't my fault, I'd never have chosen that, it's really a sign of just how poorly I was. So I need to forgive myself, & I know you do too. It sounds like you were with her at the end, & for them, if you're there, that's all that matters. What came before disappears. So, cut yourself some slack, you've been a brave loving owner to your dog & who can ask for more? She went, happy & loved. I pray for as much for my two.

Big love from me,

Becka (& Darcey & Linus)

Shelley,

I am sorry you lost your beloved Chelsea. I know no words will ease the pain in your heart at missing your loyal friend. Just know our thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm glad you all treated her so well and she could get treated to a steak and wrapped in your baby blanket...

Hi All, Again I just wanted to thank you All for your kindness and support as I went through this very difficult time with my beloved Chelsea... I can hardly believe it has been a week all ready since I felt her wonderful licks and her bark when someone came to the door... I feel sometimes that I so want to be all done here on earth but think how sad Chelsea would be if I were to leave here before my time... I know that she is being taken good care of till I see her again but it does not feel the void i have inside of me right now... Shelley

Shelley,

There is never a good way to lose a pet or anyone that we love. We console ourselves with knowing that they are in a good place, but it doesn't make our loss feel any less. There is nothing for that but time, and even then, we continue to miss them. I know you probably feel grateful you had her in your life for the time you did, but she was also fortunate to have you in HER life for the time she did. I think God puts us together for a reason. You're in my thoughts and prayers...

Kay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, Just wanted everyone to know that I have decided to return to the house Chelsea lived at and to visit her grave... I am still upset and realize that it will be very difficult but it is necessary for me to do it so that i can move forward... Shelley

Shelley, I honor and respect your decision to face this...I think you will be glad you did it and we all know it will be hard. Thinking of you, Mary

Shelley,

I hope it helps you and brings you a measure of comfort to be in her final resting place. I wish my arms could reach out and hold you, I know this is hard.

Shelley, dear ~ you know that we're all with you in spirit as you face yet another very difficult challenge ~ but look at all the other challenges you've managed to overcome since we've come to know you. We all are so much stronger than we think we are . . .

Thinking of you

• 1 month later...

Well it has been three months since I lost my beloved Chelsea and no I have not made it back to her grave.. I have tried many times but I am just not ready to face the grave of my beloved friend... My therapist wants me to go this weekend but I just do not feel strong enough to do it... I think that alot of it is the fear of really crying for the first time... I have this thing I can not cry much at all especially infront of people something inside of me keeps saying Your just a cry baby stop that noise... Well another special day this weekend and all alone again... I miss you Chelsea...Shelley

Shelley, you will go when you are ready, and please don't feel like you're a crybaby if you cry. Tears are the healing release of the inner pain we carry with our loss.

I tried to enter this thread last night but for some reason it wouldn't load, I'm glad it finally will today.

(((hugs)))

Kay

Hi KayC,

It has been extremely rough this long weekend as it was seven years ago that Chelsea left my side and moved in with my brother... Now that she is gone it is just so extremely upsetting and I know in time I will go and see her grave but for now I will just have to move forward the best I can... Thanks for all your kindness... Shelley

It is for us that we cry, for they are at peace and we know that they lived good lives and had people that loved them. I don't know if that helps but I hope it does. I feel guilty that I didn't get to mourn Lucky like I should have, it was just two days later that my husband left and I felt that all that I went through with him kind of robbed her of her rightful mourning. She was such a good girl, she deserved better. But I gave her the best life that I could and there was a time that she was happier, when she felt better. It was the right time to put her to sleep, I didn't want her to continue to suffer.

I hope it gets better for you soon.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just wanted you all to know that I managed to finally go to the place that Chelsea lived before she died... I wanted to let you know that i had a hard time doing this and I figured I would cry but all I felt was extreme numbness... I would have loved to have a great big cry... shelley

Shelley,

She was with a relative, wasn't she? I know tears can be a release, maybe they'll come. But you did it, I'm proud of you.

(((hugs)))

Kay

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

Having a very extremely difficult time right now all I can do is cry for her, It will be a year this month that my beloved friend passed away... I feel like my heart is breaking all over again because I miss her so very much... I have no one home for over a week to talk to and no therapist as of yet... I just wish I could hold her one last time... Shelley