Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I wasn't going to post this, but then I thought it might give some encouragement to others. I just got back from a camping trip to Williams, Az, just my dog & I!! Tim and I enjoyed the outdoors so much and Williams was one of our favorite spots. I just didn't want to give up the love we had for camping. So I bought a tent that was easy to set up, a cot, because the ground is just to hard thse days :D and loaded up the jeep. Yes, I tried to talk myself out of it, but I'm sure glad I didn't. I had my moments, but I could feel Tim there with me, encouraging me to live life for both of us. There were lots of memories that made me cry, but then the tears turned to smiles and feelings of love. So, I guess the message here is, there is life again, maybe not the same or the one we wanted, but one where you can smile again and be proud of yourself because you did something that you never thought you'd be able to do again. I hope that someday all of you can find what I found this weekend. God Bless

Chris

chrissie,

I am so proud of you! And maybe someday if I get a truck running again I'll brave it and take my dog, he's never been camping and I think he'd love it! I too love nature and miss the camping I used to do...it's been seven years.

Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful victory and healing with us! I am so glad you decided to share as is so inspiring and offers encouragement.

I hope your first journal entry when you got home was: " I am so proud of myself "

I have found that in doing things that Melissa and I use to do together to be the most heartwarming for me now and no longer bring me pain. It can happen and it takes time---an undetermined amount of time.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Congratulations, Chris! It sounds like a huge hurdle you jumped and that it paid off. I am so happy for you. Mary

You are inspiring me! I bought a tent last year after I sold my husbands camper. I was determinded to go camping with my son but the summer got away from us. I'm going to start looking at dates on the calender. I live in phx and always worry about not being able to get into a site. But we used to camp on the forest roads up around Forest Lakes on the Rim. I'm sure I could do it, I just need to make it a plan! thanks! Cheryl

Cheryl,

Don't know how you feel about campgrounds but I decided I felt safer camping in one. Here is a link where you can reserve them ahead of time. I went to Dogtown Lake in Williams, but there is also White Horse Lake there. http://www.recreation.gov/campsite Good luck and have a great time. YES, you can do it! You won't regret it. Let us know how it goes.

Chris

Thanks everyone for the support. The trip was really good for me. I felt Tim with me more than I ever have before. Although I will miss him forever, I was able to find some peace and do some healing. I know life will never be the same but I'm going to try my very best to live life for both of us, just like he'd want me to. Thank you all for always being here when I need you the most.

Chris