Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My up date from the Doctor,

I did get the Foley out yesterday morning. Only to strain every time I relieved myself. I had to go back after I got the extra power chair up to Greg's and got it adjusted for him. He was so grate full that he just broke down. How could someone help him so much when I have been having my own hard times. I took him in my arms and told him it is a 2 way street. Without him and Donna I would have, nobody around here to call and check every day. Thankful the rain stopped when I took up the chair and got it into the house. By 2:30 PM I called the Doctor and told them I had to strain to relieve myself. I needed to go back. The last time I relieved myself I caught the fluid. It was cloudy with white floaters in it. I knew by my experience with Pauline, I had an infection. When I got to DR. office I had them do the scope and I do have an enlarged prostrate. That means surgery in about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks from now. I need all your prayers and support that I know I will get. I am so glad it has happened now after Pauline has Passed. If it had happened before, I really do not know anyone who would had staid with her 24 hours a day while, I would be healing. Because I could not have been able to take care of her. God knows what we need and when we need it. Just keep the faith.

God Bless all of you here on HOV

Dwayne

Dwayne: I am so sorry for your medical issues, but it is not unusal for a caregiver after caring for so long and the stress of losing our loved one. I had a kidney stone 2 weeks after Randy passed. I had to strain my urine for the stone and it was wetched in so tight and I wasn't going to pass it. I had surgery to remove it and a stent in for two weeks. After removal of the stent I felt fine. I am hoping and praying that this surgery will cause you relieve and you can go on to pursue your nursing education.

As for your helping your friend Greg, I can only say that I felt the need to "give back" after Randy's passing. My old secretary has terminal lung cancer and her husband is trying to keep working for the insurance and has almost no sick or vacation time left. I have stepped in and have taken her to daily radiation in Salina, chemo therapy treatments and labs twice a week. Last night I went over to their house and helped pay bills and balance their checkbook. He is so exhausted from doing everything along with working that paying bills wasn't getting done. They are so greatful but it has helped me too. I guess we all have the need to be needed. So continue doing what you are doing. You are an inspiration. It is helping Greg and Donna and it is beneficial to your healing also.

Continued prayers for you Dwayne and you will get through this. God has plans for you.

Blessings

Becky

Becky,

Thank you so much. The DR said I should be set for live after. I trust in God and I know he leads me where I need to be. I am so glad that you are also finding people to help. It does our souls so much good when we help other in need. Like I have said before I am here to get help and to help anyone I can. What you are doing for your friend in Salina is great. If you ever need anything please do not hesitate to write to me. You are a good friend on here. One of a larger growing list.

God Bless

Dwayne

Dwayne and Becky, You are both so kind to help others as you are in pain yourselves. I know it helps you but it is also kind and compassionate. I too have found myself doing more for others since Bill died as I sense their stress in their own situations. I guess losing the most important person in our lives wakes up the compassion in us a bit more.

Dwayne, I am sorry you have to go the surgery route. Will school be postponed and does that work out ok? I guess it has to. You are in my thoughts and prayers these days.

Our bodies are pretty shot after worry, watching our loved ones die, sleepless nights...we are prone to anything. I too have had my share, more than in my whole life put together.

I wish you peace,

Mary

Dear Dwayne,

Hang in there. More trials than Job around here lately. If you need anything, let me know. I am not far away geographically.

For those of you who don't accept coincidence well--there are three of us out here in MA within ten miles of each other.

Strange little world we live in.

Peace,

Harry

6 degrees of separation....

Mary,

Yes my schooling is in place. I talked on Tuesday to the woman that has my file now and she told me not worry. They have the funding and I am a good as locked in. She said do whatever you need to get this problem fixed. After I am healthy and ready give her a call and she will get everything rolling again. She could not understand why I was turned down for the food stamps. So I go on from here. I am the same way Mary I haven't been with so many health problems as I have faced the last 4 1/2 months. It does take atoll on your body being a full time care taker.

Harry, thank you I will keep you and the other one in mind if I do need some help. Yes it is a small world. Bekky in Abilene, knows my cousins wife Dianne. I have, Donna, she calls every day but she leads a busy life and now that Greg is down it makes it a lot harder. I am waiting for Jim next door to help with the AC for my kitchen. I talked to him this morning and he said he would help either today our tomorrow. I am feeling better now than earlier.

Thank you all for the support. My God bring you all peace and settle our broken hearts

Dwayne

Dwayne,

We will keep praying for you. I am impressed with your positive spirit even in the middle of all of your trials.

Hoping you have a good night's sleep tonight!

Kay

Kay,

Thank you for your kind words and the support. I always try to keep up my spirit and just keep looking forward to my goals. Just one day at a time. God is guiding me, I trust in where he is taking down road though this very difficult time. I am very tired and soar today.

God Bless

Dwayne