Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Rudy Left Us Yesterday

Rudyross

We thought maybe the vet could buy us more time but yesterday afternoon Rudy took a turn for the worse and he passed while lying on his favorite blanket with my husband and I holding him, talking to him, and petting him. I called the vet but she didn't get here in time. I am just broken. He has had health issues for ten years but I always nursed him back to health and he was such a happy cat. We have no children and my husband travels for work so when he goes back on the road tomorrow my house and my life will be empty. It hurts so bad.

Dear One, I'm so sorry to learn of Rudy's death yesterday afternoon, but I know you did everything humanly possible to make his transition as painless and as peaceful as possible. I hope it brings you some small measure of comfort to know that you are among kindred spirits here, and we will walk beside you as you travel this difficult journey of grief

Thank you for your kind words. Today is much harder than yesterday. Yesteday was shock, today is reality with lots of questions and "what ifs". I feel so guilty now that I didn't help him to pass by having the vet do it on Friday. I was selfish & hoping for a miracle. I know they say putting them to sleep is the last act of kindness we can do for our pets & now I feel I didn't treat him very kind. I hope he knows how much he was loved and we were just hoping that in a few days he would feel better & we would have just a bit more time. My faith is being so tested today. Is there a "pet heaven, rainbow bridge"? Or do they just go away...I just don't know right now.

It sounds like it was taken out of your hands so you won't have to second guess your decisions, you did everything you could. I'm so sorry, I know how hard it is.