Grief Healing Discussion Groups

What Would You Do?

STARKISS

Hi All, I have been invited up to my brother's place for the long weekend but I do not know whether to go or not... You see this is where Chelsea used to live and I do not know if I can handle it or not... I do not want my brother to feel like I was just there to visit Chelsea the last few months so I feel I should go... But I do not know if I can???? Shelley

I hope this does not sound CRAZY....

nope doesn't sound at all crazy Shelley, I find it very hard to go to places that were once "happy" and places where my Dad would have been, no different with you and Chelsea.

Of course it would be very difficult for you and I'm sure your brother would understand if you didn't want to do. On the other hand maybe it would be nice to have your family around you if you would like that ?

Just do whatever you feel you want in your heart. Maybe wait until later in the week to decide and see how you feel ?

Niamh

x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I did not go to my brother's house where Chelsea lived on the long weekend, I just could not make myself go knowing that Chelsea is dead and she is in a grave on his property... I saw my therapist today and she wants me to face the house because she says that I will not be able to move forward in my grief over Chelsea if I do not return to his place... She says it will be extremely hard to do but it is a necessary move to continue with my grief journey and letting Chelsea go... Shelley

I believe you will do what you need to do when you are ready and able. I wonder if it wouldn't be nice for you to pay your respects to Chelsea some day by visiting the grave site but you will know. Trust that sacred voice within. I can not go to Door County, a place where Bill and I went annually. I may never. I go to his grave occasionally but not often. We do what we need to do...when we are ready. Perhaps there are other things you need to do before you return to your brother's. Writing a letter to Chelsea could help. I do that with Bill often. It just helps me air my pain privately. I wish you peace, Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, Just thought I would you all know that I am planning to go to see my brother and see Chelsea's grave next weekend... I think it is what I need to do to move forward...I know that it will be hard but I think i just need to go and do it... It can not be as hard as facing the Psychiatrist this morning and being told that I have ADD and Depression... Wish me luck and keep my in your prayers... Shelley