Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Weird Thing Happened To Me

I'm usually pretty skeptical about things like this but this is pretty weird.

I suspect that I may have sleep apnea. When my mom was here she said I would snore alot. I would end up waking up gagging and with headaches and things like that. The other night I was dreaming that I had our cat on my back and the cat sort of pushed my left shoulder. Then all the sudden I got a hard push which woke me up. When I woke up I was on my side and I had a headache. I also have allergies so my nasal passages where clogged solid.

So there was no cat around and when I woke up I was curled up on my side so no cat was on my back. Again I'm a bit skeptical about this stuff but I have to say it does make me wonder if I wasn't breathing and my mom somehow was there and gave me a couple pushes. The second push felt very string and real. It was very strange!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello drock, I say go with what you think it is! Don't over analyze it. I read where signs are all around us we just don't see them or we excuse them away. To me, the very fact that you thought of your Mother first is important. A pastor with hospice told me my Mom is watching over me and my family and I like to believe that because she was like that in life. Sounds like you had a unique but unusual experience! Good for you. God bless ;)

Drock, I'm sorry that I did not see this post earlier. I must say that I agree with Susan. Sleep apnea is a potentially serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts, and over time it can be dangerous. If you think you might have sleep apnea, I encourage you to see your doctor so he or she can rule it in or out. Treatment for sleep apnea is necessary to avoid heart problems and other complications. Why not just assume that your dear mother was trying to tell you something very important about your health?!

Thanks for the reply Susan and Marty! My Mom and I have talked many times about how I may have sleep apnea when she was here and she told me to mention it to my doctor. My doctor just shrugged it off and didn't think I had sleep apnea but what does he base this on? I came in explaining that I wake up with headaches, feel tired alot, wake up multiple times each night and every once in awhile actually wake up feeling I may have gagged. He just suggest I exercise! Doesn't it make more sense to take the sleeping test to rule sleep apnea out? I'd like to find another doctor but I'm limited in my choices of who I can go to and I have no idea if the next guy is better then the next. Everyone I've talked to that have given me names of doctors I end up finding they are not in my network.

Anyways it's an odd thing but maybe that was really my mom still there helping me out! I still feel close to her. I'm always talking to her. I don't know if she hears me but I'm always telling her about the days events and other things like that. Don't get me wrong I'm not yapping to her constantly all day but when something happens that I think she would love to hear about I tell her. I don't know if it's a denial thing but I don't think it is. I just feel like she is still with me in my heart and having these conversations seem to help me alot. Instead of feeling sad and depressed I talk out things with her or tell her some thing that we would both get a kick out of. Then although there is still some sadness mixed in I can smile and maybe even get a little laugh. Who knows maybe at certain times she might be there laughing with me. Miss you Mom!

Anyways a little off subject but thanks for the responses back! Even though some people look at me like I'm a lunatic when I tell them what happened I'll stick with the thought of that was my mom helping me out! Thanks!