Grief Healing Discussion Groups

New Grief Member Recently Lost Wife

Earl,

The last 3 days of Pauline's life, she could not respond either. I know she heard me, and knew I was there. At 2:30 PM Friday February 25, 2011. She was in no pain. I controlled her pain medication and kept her pain free. I told Pauline, I love you and I will be ok, that she could rest now, I said I love Babe. Her mouth moved like I LOVE YOU TOO. Then she was gone. After death the last thing to shut down in the body is hearing. If anyone said anything to you wife even a couple hours after she passed she could hear you.

I know I will be reunited with Pauline in the Lords Kingdom when He calls for me. Right now I have to get healthy so I can start my nursing classes. That is what the Lord is calling me to do now. If everything goes good the next couple weeks I should be in school late August, or early September.

God Bless

Dwayne

NATS,

Yes, I have found this group to be a very compassionate and responsive assembly of people who have a lot of pain, and rightfully so. None of us ever expected to find ourselves here...but the truth is that in any happy couple, at one time or another (barring an accident that might claim both at once), one of the pair will find themselves missing the other. Death is a part of life, and that's too bad because it sure makes it difficult to live when the best thing in your life has reached a new high with our Lord. I sure hope that you and all our friends here will be able to live in some kind of peace as time moves on. I'll never believe that we should 'get over it', but I do believe we have to find a way to live our lives in a way that allows us to grow and work on ourselves to the point that one day we will rejoin our partner for all of eternity.

God, I believe, is already blessing me because of all the good memories, and I hope He will bless you too!!

Earl C

Dwayne, I truly believe you are correct, and that each of us said words that were heard loud and clear. Instead of the mouth moving as you mention Pauline did, when I was talking to Wanda and telling her I loved her I could see her eye twitching like she was trying to open and see me. You are so, so right about being reunited, Dwayne, and in my heart I know we can absolutely count on that. Our pain and grief at this point will seem so insignificant when we are spending ETERNITY with our chosen partner. Getting healthy is something I too have to work on. My fantastic Wife was my caregiver during last Winter until she got sick and I became her caregiver. We were truly one person, and at times we even joked among ourselves that it took both of us at our age to make one good person. I do have something that I asked my Pastor to share at Wanda's Memorial Service. It was titled 'A Word Of Consolation', and I found it somewhat comforting, and it went like this:

"If a tiny baby could think, it would be afraid of birth. To leave the only world it has known would seem a kind of death. But immediately after birth the child would find itself in loving arms, showered with affection and cared for at every moment. Surely the baby would say 'I was foolish to doubt God's plan for me. This is a beautiful life'. For the Christian, passing through death is really a birth into a new and better world. Those who are left behind should not grieve as if there were no hope. Life is changed, not taken away. Our dear ones live on, in a world beautiful beyond anything we can imagine. With Jesus they await the day when they will welcome us with joy. 'Do not grieve too much', they say to us. 'We are living and are still with you'. For those who have been faithful, O Lord, life is not ended, but merely changed; and when this earthly abode dissolves, an eternal dwelling place awaits them in Heaven'. I believe all that, and I know we will be reunited. Have A Better Day!!!

Earl C

Hi Earl,

I really liked that message your Pastor gave at your wife's memorial.

Pauline gave her body to sience, we both decided to do that back in the mid 90's. I also gave Pauline a very nice memorial. I made a DVD with about 265 pictures of her life along with her favorite songs. It came out very nice.

Like you I know that I will be wiyh Pauline again in Gods Kingdom. We will have new bodies again. After all Jesus rose on the third day and walked among his people and desiples, who did not reconise Him until he spoke. Christ showed the world to follow him into Gods Kingdom, He resolved us from our sins.

Pauline was never afraid of death. She knew we will be reunited in our Lords Kingdom with new bodies again. She is with me every day watching over me. I believe this with every fiber of my being.

God Bless you Earl, I pray for God to heal your heart and soul.

Dwayne

Hi Earl,

I really liked that message your Pastor gave at your wife's memorial.

Pauline gave her body to sience, we both decided to do that back in the mid 90's. I also gave Pauline a very nice memorial. I made a DVD with about 265 pictures of her life along with her favorite songs. It came out very nice.

Like you I know that I will be wiyh Pauline again in Gods Kingdom. We will have new bodies again. After all Jesus rose on the third day and walked among his people and desiples, who did not reconise Him until he spoke. Christ showed the world to follow him into Gods Kingdom, He resolved us from our sins.

Pauline was never afraid of death. She knew we will be reunited in our Lords Kingdom with new bodies again. She is with me every day watching over me. I believe this with every fiber of my being.

God Bless you Earl, I pray for God to heal your heart and soul.

Dwayne

Hi Dwayne: I'm so glad that you believe that you and Pauline will be, not at the time of your choosing, but someday, reunited. And, I know that she is with you even now, even though you can't hear her. I feel like I've had some messages to do certain things while I slept, and I'm waiting for the day she comes to me in a dream or anything and gives me some sign that she is watching over me. Since I've lost Wanda, my health, and it was bad, has gotten better. I absolutely know in my heart that she had something to do with that. She was my caregiver until she got sick, and I believe she is still caring for me. I've been tested a little bit here lately, I've had 4 lights burn out in our kitchen area, one in our lamp that we used every evening, this very morning I replaced a bulb over our garage door, I've had to replace a bulb out in the yard that shines up on the flagpole, and I put new batteries in the smoke alarms. I'm coping, and I'm thinking that my wonderful person is right with me through all the little bothers. She helped me last night prepare some food for the kids that were coming last night and another set due this afternoon. I'm blessed with family, and I'm so blessed with memories. I know you have your own set of memories, Dwayne, and I know you're proud of those pictures. Dwayne, just keep going along day by day. That's all I know to do, and I know God and my precious Wanda....along with the great people on this site, will keep me going in the right direction. Prayers to all!! Earl C