Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Can't Hide From Grieving

I am sorry for everyone here's loss. It is horrible isn't it? I was feeling a little bit better, but in the last few days things have really been hitting me.

It just seems that everything I see and hear reminds me of something do with my Mom and Dad in one way or another. Every song I hear reminds me of a time in my life when they were alive and when things seem so great compared to now. Tonight I cried my eyes out when I came home.

Why? I saw a musician who my parents came to see my band open for many years ago. I would also call them at home when I would go see him on other occasions and tell them how great it was and that I wanted them to hear the music over the phone. Also, I bought 2 small bags or popcorn at the show. Cried a lot over that when I got back. Why? Reminded me of when I was from 7-14 years old how my Mom used to always give me money (back then about 50 cents) to buy some popcorn and a Coca-cola at recess at school. And how she used to either give me lunch money or make me my lunch. Oh how kids take their parents for granted! I don't think I did, but I know others who did and do. So anyway, it just seems I can't escape missing them everywhere. I feel I am not getting better but am degressing. I feel trapped by this feeling of being an adult orphan and there is no escape from the grief.

Sorry to rant. Thanks for reading.

I'm sorry for your pain. I can't relate to losing parents in the same way as my dad was alcoholic and has been gone nearly 30 years and my mom is very mentally ill and cruel so I've never had a normal relationship with a parent. I have, however, lost my dear sweet husband and I know that loss so well...it is never ending and anything can trigger that feeling you describe and often at the most unexpected moments. All we can do is acknowledge the loss and hold on to the good in the memory and work through our pain. I wish we never had to be without our loved ones, it's the greatest void we can experience.

You are in our prayers, and your post (not ranting, but venting, which is helpful) leaves me with sadness, but no words that I believe can help you. Having lost my own Dad clear back in 1970, my Mom in 2007, I can relate to not having parents around now, and we all hate that. All that I believe any of us can say to you is "continue to try to live as best you can, never let love leave your life". Your loss will always be with you, but you do have those memories you spoke of. Every day to some of us is a new chance to love and to remember, sometimes so sad, but if we work on ourselves, we can get through our losses. Earl C

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate them all. And I am sorry I posted this in the wrong forum. Meant to go in Loss of Parents and Grandparents but I put it here by accident. Sorry but thanks to all! And my condolences to everyone. This is such a horrible thing we all are dealing with no matter who it is we love and lost. Blessings to all.