Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Not Feeling Good Again

Hi Everyone,

I not only have to worry about Irene, but I have not been feeling well this week. As you can see my posts have been down, I have been running a fever, close to 102 off and on. Also when I eat it comes pouring out a hour or so latter. Then the next day not feeling to bad. I went to the DR yesterday they ordered more blood cultures, stool, and urine cultures, also a chest x-ray. By the time I got home the nurse called and my chest x-ray showed a spot in my left lung in a lower lob.It could be nothing, or it could the start of pneumonia. They will send me to a Pulmonology, DR.. They could not give me any medication until they have all the results back. When I left my house, my temp was at 98.2, when I got home it was at 100.2. So for now I will kept drinking plenty of fluids and Tylenol for the fever every 4 hours and rest. I am in for a good weekend. I know My Lord will keep me safe and take care of my health. The also said the C-DIF may be back. I will not know until Monday, but most likely Tuesday.

God Bless you all , The Lord will keep us safe with everything going on.

Dwayne

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwayne:

I know the old saying goes God won't give us more than we can handle but you have had MORE than your share. My husband used to say what doesn't kill us will only make us stronger, and I would say, I'm tired of being strong. I continue to send prayers your way and hope and pray for your health to improve. I wish I was closer to help. If you ever desire to return to KS I am a good caregiver. I have had plenty of experience. HA! I know we all have but sometimes the caregivers need to be taken care of and I now think it is your turn. Be patient and kind to yourself while you are trying to get healthy and don't be afraid to ask for help. I know you are good about that and I am sure Harry will be there for you if needed. Please know we will all be there for you on the emotionally and spiritual front when needed. I also hope and pray that you will make it safe and secure through Mother Nature's path. Please keep us informed when you feel up to it.

Hugs and Prayers coming your way.

Becky

Dwayne, I am so sorry this just won't go away and give you some peace. Your attitude is to be admired but I bet you would like to scream here and there. I am glad they are running tests but sorry you have to wait 3 or more days for feedback. Please keep us informed as you are able. In the meantime, we are all holding your hand and wrapping you in love. Mary

Dwayne...my thoughts and prayers are with you my friend...you must be getting tired...but

having the strong faith you have I know must help, I wished you lived near so I could offer my help to you in

any way. Please take care and keep us posted how your doing.

NATS

Ps..I am trying to teach myself this new DROID phone so forgive the errors Lol...

Dwayne...So sorry you have to be tossed back and forth with health problems. I am saying an extra prayer for you and ask that you make sure your health care providers are keeping a close watch on the C-Diff. I'll not go into detail and this is not a medical site...but I know first hand the effect it can have on a body. It's wicked. Just a heads up. It matters not if our pain is physical or our hearts and spirit are sore from grief...we are here for each other to comfort and aid however we can. Take care....don't settle for less...I wish you the very best....God Bless.....Carol PS...Not offering medical advice...not my intention..... just concern and compassion for your health...

Dwayne, In reading about C-DIF, it seems it usually starts in hospital care following antibiotic (wide spectrum) treatment and greatly upsets the colon and intestines. My son's dog suffers with Colitis, quite severely, and we usually have to be protective of his diet to help it settle down. Has the doctor talked to you about what kinds of things to eat or what to avoid? (Avoid spice,fat, caffeine, carbonated beverages, most dairy). Yogurt and cranberry juice might be good. Do they have you on probiotics and Acidophilus? Both are good for the digestive system.

I hate that you have had to suffer so much and pray there will soon be some relief in sight for you. Please keep us posted...also about the impending storm. Call me any time!

Dear Ones,

This is the first I have been back on here. I and Harry weathered the storm very well. His electric only flashed once the last I talked to him. Mine only for about 1/2 second about six times. We did have a big squall line with heavy rain and winds in the 60's. I turned everything off until it pasted about 1 1/2 hrs. Or so. I put everything back up and running. I thought sure I would loose power, but God is good and he looked after me. About 300,000 people in southern MA lost powder. My friends Donna and Greg, was one of the. I got through on her cell. The have a generator but she could not start it. Greg said he would shuffle down the stairs and try. I told him no your not just stay put. I went on line and looked up Beckley Fire Dept and call. They sent someone over to get it going for them

I thank each and everyone of you with all my heart for all the prayers and warm wishes. I am not doing any better yet, until they find out for sure what is going on. If it is C-DIF I will start the medications right away, but until they know for sure what they are dealing with, I have to keep up the high in take of fluids and keep eating well more of a low residue diet. Alls I know is I am glad we never lost power and the water kept flowing. I do not think a bath tub full of water would have been enough to flush the toilet. You do not put the water in the tank, you take about a half of a bucket and pour directly in the toilet, and presto it flushes. I was up 3 time during the night on the toilet. I hope and pray I hear soon so I can get back on my feet and get strong enough to get my classes started. That is what I want more than anything.

Again thank you, each and everyone of you. And to Kay calling me Saturday and Sunday to make sure I was still here and safe and ok. Thank you Kay my dear friend.

God Bless everyone of you, may he bring us all GOOD health and JOBS for those who need them so bad. I ask this in the name of JESUS CHRIST, my LORD and SAVIOR.

Dwayne

Dwayne

I am so glad the weekend was not as difficult as everyone anticipated and that your friends got their generator going (thanks to you).

I hope this week finds an answer to what is going on with your body. It has been such a long road for you on top of your loss of Pauline. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Mary

Dwayne, I'm so glad you survived the storm and Harry too, I hope the rest of our friends fared okay through it. And I'm glad you were able to get someone out to start Greg's generator! I hope you're doing better each day...

Dear Ones,

I found out yesterday about 10:30 AM, that the C-DIF is back, also a urinary track infection. I do not remember if I told you that they also found a spot in my left lower lung. I have to go for cat scan in September, then see the DR. 2 days after. I really believe it will turn out to be nothing.

I hope and Pray that all of you are doing ok as you can be.

God Bless

Dwayne

PS my brain is not working to well. It takes me a lot just to write this post.

Dwayne,

I am so sorry about all this illness you have had to deal with. I assume they have you on the right meds now, again, to help this infection make a quick exit. When is the scan? We are all behind you supporting you. Hopefully that lung spot will turn out to be nothing...you have had enough...more than enough. Peace, Mary

Dwayne,

I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't been on line today as I've been really sick (not so bad as you though). Please keep us informed and we'll keep holding you up in prayer.

(((hugs)))

Kay

Hi to All,

I am starting to feel better already. The diarrhea has slowed down a lot. I know it is not a nice topic, but for me it is great, my first night I did not have to make a run to the bathroom.

I think Mary is right I have the right med's and they are working fast. My CT-Scan is September 13, then the Doctor 2 day after on the 15. I Pray that by the time I have the CT-Scan, it will show all clear. I will just be resting up all this week and not hurry my recovery. All though I want to because I want to start school as soon as I can. I had a lot of patients with Pauline, but when it, come to me I just have to get things done. I have been like that all my life never one to just set around. But now I have to for a little while. I want to go for a walk so bad this morning, but I better not. If Harry would find out I was out walking, he would be over here to tie me down. :)

I guess Harry has a big sink hole that opened up in his back yard, right where he and Jane had, one filled and fixed about 10 years ago. So he is not a happy camper. :angry2: I am sure he will make out fine in the end.

Thank You all for your support and Prayers.

God Bless, I know with all my heart and soul, My Lord is guiding me on my journey, I do not yet understand all the bad health I have to bare, but I Know He will lead me down the right path I need to travel right now. After He gave His only son, Jesus Christ, to wash away our sins. I believe when the time is right he will give me good health and let me start my schooling that I want to do so bad.

Dwayne

Dwayne,

That is a good report, I'm glad to hear it! :P

but I'm sorry to hear about Harry's sinkhole. :o

I got a rejection letter from LTD today so that was disappointing...

Hi Dwayne, So Sorry you have been ill, I am keeping you on my prayer list and praying for you to feel better soon... I too have been sick with what my doctor thinks is the flu... I have had the runs and sore throat, bad cough and lots of aches and pains... Here is to us both getting feeling better soon this I pray... Shelley

Glad to hear you are feeling better...

Thank You All,

For all the prayers, and warm wishes. Harry calls everyday to make sure I am getting my rests and If I need anything. I am getting better each day, but I get tired so easy, so I have no choice but to rest.

Today is Harry and Jane's anniversary, I am sure he will tell us all about his day sometime soon.

Kay I am so sorry that you did not get that job. I was so sure you would. I always look to the positive in life. Something good will come your way soon.

Come September 5 it is Pauline and I, wedding anniversary. Another first to get through. I trust in the Lord, He will give me the strength back again by then. It is hard being sick and alone. Even though I have a lot of good friends only a phone call away. It is just not the same.

God Bless all of you

Dwayne

Dwayne, I too am sorry you are sick and alone. I know all too well, it is how I was feeling when I broke my elbow, I couldn't even get my Rx bottles open and it was hard getting dressed or going to the bathroom with no help. It made my eyes sting as I knew if my George was here, he'd be taking care of me. I miss him. But I survived the last two months and so have you, somehow.

So you and Harry will both be facing the first wedding anniversaries "without"...that is rough, I remember all too well, but somehow we get through this and more. Harry is in my prayers and so you will also be, Dwayne.

I was so excited because I thought my son had sold my pickup, but the guy backed out after saying he'd buy it, he was trying to haggle him down and saying stuff was wrong with it that wasn't, my son has gone through everything in that truck, it's in tip top shape and squeaky clean. Then Craigslist isn't showing the listing and we don't know why, tried redoing it but they have it blocked for some reason so we'll have to wait until next week to try again. It's so aggravating because it's ready to sell and just because of a gliche of some sort, they won't list it and of course there's no one to get a hold of about it. I tried reporting the problem to them but just got an automated response that had nothing to do with what I'd written. Then the muffler blew out in the other truck I want to sell so had to spend $64 on a new one and my son will have to put that in, always something.

Ah well, my friend, we'll get through it all...one day at a time.

Dear Kay,

Yes I am getting better each day. I went for a walk yesterday morning down to the water front park. I could see just how high the water came up last Sunday. The town had, everything cleaned up but you could see were the water was up about 15-20 ft. I took my time and sat in the sun awhile, I wish I had brought my camera a big, ocean gray seagull sat on a post about 3 ft., from me, I could have gotten a great picture. I took it slow coming home up the hill. After I rested up I made a big pot of Portuguese soup. It came out just like Pauline had made it. Of course I had to have 2 bowels, I ate to much. :)

I will probably go up to Donna's and Greg's tomorrow so I won't have to be alone all day. That is if I feel good enough to drive.

Kay, so sorry to hear about your sons trouble selling the truck. I pray it sells soon. It seems like cars always have problems when are always in a bind and it hurts to spend the money on the.

Harry has been real busy the last couple days working with all his volunteers working on his web site Walking With Jane. I got a quick e-mail from him late last night, and he was very tired. I just hope he doesn't over due and get sick.

I will keep in touch, My God Bless, us all with good health and peace and comfort to us. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ.

Dwayne