Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Best Friend,bobbi Jo

WPGirl49

I lost my best friend, Bobbi Jo. I rescued her during fourth of July weekend in 1992 and had to put her to eternal slumber on August 12,2011. I can not tell you all the rough patches we hit, but we made it through all of them together. This time I'm alone and not sure if I can make it. It's so hard to get out of bed and go to work. In her final days, Bobbi Jo had suffered 2 strokes, with the second one leaving her unable to walk. She stopped eating and just laid on her blanket and whined. Her final night at home I held her on my lap and rocked her, trying to comfort her and maybe, in some way, myself as well. She was the child I could never have and I spoiled her rotten. I can't stop thinking about her and everytime I do think about her I cry. It's hard for me to go to work or even to just function from day to day. I'm so depressed I hurt. It will be 3 weeks on friday that I lost my little angel, but it seems a lot longer to me. I feel as if my heart has been ripped out of chest. My days off from work I lay on the couch and don't get up unless I have too. I sleep alot and sometimes I think I hear her toenails clicking on the kitchen floor or feel her nudging me like she used too when she needed to go outside. I survived my parents death and the death of a good and close friend and together, Bobbi Jo and I made it through my divorce, but losing Bobbi Jo is the hardest thing I have ever faced and I'm not so sure I'll make it through this in one piece. I will always love and miss you my baby girl.

I could have written this myself. I also heard her toenails. The pain is unbearable, but it will ease in time. It's been 5 weeks for me. Going to the support group helped me to realize that I am not alone in my grief. Others have suffered losses even greater and more painful than mine. (witnessing the violent deaths of their beloved pets, for example) A personal health crisis shifted my focus for awhile; the engagement of my daughter lifted my spirits and convinced me that life will go on and that there will be things to be happy about. My thoughts are with you in your time of loss. Get whatever help you need. This can indeed be worse than the loss of a human family member.

I am with you all the way. I lost Koko Angel August 4, 2011. I am having a very difficult time and have to also go to work and wonder how I will get through today. Yesterday was one of the worst days since she died. I am reaching out for support.