Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Job Interview

I have an interview tomorrow (2:30 pst)...I'm trying not to let myself feel anything because I don't want my hopes dashed...also it's 1 3/4 hours away...in GOOD weather, that means an extra hour of driving per day beyond what I was doing, which was bad enough...it could be double that in bad weather. It's for a swimming pool company, so I'm not sure how stable that would be in our present economy. But still it's encouraging that SOMEONE liked my resume enough to call me in for an interview, that's great in itself! I covet your prayers that the outcome would be in God's will.

You'll have our prayers, Kay, and our hope that everything goes well for you. The distance doesn't sound too great, but if you get that job, perhaps someone would notice your diligence and you could get something closer. God Bless You, and we will pray that it goes well!!!!

Earl C

Your patience with job hunting is beyond my abilities. I hold you in the light and pray a good job within 20 minutes of your house comes along pronto. Peace,

Mary

Dear Kay,

I pray for you every day. That you will find, that perfect job, close to your home. If this is God's will, then follow it. You may meet other people that can lead you to a job closer to your home. I miss our talks, I will call you tonight. I almost called last night. Something was telling me to call. Then Donna called and we talked about Greg for about 45 minutes. I went up to his home yesterday about 12:30 PM, to get him started on some physical therapy exercises, my Niece sent to me. She is a physical therapist. But he did not want to do anything. So I forgot to call you, I went to bed at 8:00 so I could be up early and get to the Career Center around 7:45 this AM.

Good luck today, if it is God's will, you will get this job.

God Bless My Dear Friend Kay. I will Pray for you, God you are a loving, forgiving, and caring God. Please keep Kay safe, and if this is the job you can help her get for now. Please let it meet her needs, and keep her safe and sound as she will have a long way to travel. Let all the people there give her the respect and comfort her needs. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, Amen

Dwayne

KayC,

Hope all goes well...looks like you had many prayers that sure helps...Please update us...

NATS

I hope the interview went well. The distance is a factor but I hope they want you and then YOU get to decide what to do. Peace, Mary

Well I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers but I don't think this is the one. I don't have a good feeling about it at all...the person that interviewed me is an owner in a family run business. The family gets all of the good positions and they hire people to do the grunt work. It doesn't sound like a place that appreciates employees or treats them well, but more like uses them and is very demanding. They are also lower paying than I can take, I would be going in the hole several hundred dollars every month, which you can't afford to do for long. I think I'll just keep looking. I'll let you know if something else comes up. God knows just what I need and He is capable...

Kay, better to know now, instead of getting into a bad situation.....and the commute! Nursing jobs are not plentifull here anymore, and I have to commute an 1 1/2hr each way, 2 days a week to get my hrs in.....it takes a toll driving that long! Dave

I am sorry the job turned out to be a loser. The drive is pretty long and the gas money would really deplete your net earnings. You are right...something will show up right in time.

I wish you the best...job....ever....

Mary

I'm in agreement with all. This was not the job for you, and I'm so glad you recognized it. It would be bad enough to have a job like that if it were close to you, but to have to end up with as much or expenses as income doesn't make sense. We'll all pray that something opens up for you a little closer to home, and that the Lord does provide you with "just the right place" for you to carry on with your new life. Please keep us informed when you find something that is "made for you", and please keep your spirits up while you're looking.

Lots of hugs to all...Earl C

Dave,

I have to commute 1 1/4 hours each way in good weather at my present job, about double that in the winter when the roads are really bad, but fortunately that isn't all the time. It takes a lot of patience! I don't get anything done during the work week at home, that's one reason I hate to end up with a lower paying job and have to work six days/week because then I won't have any down time. I'm sorry you have such a long commute, I'm surprised because medical jobs is what is plentiful here, just not much else.

kayc,

I am sorry you are having such a hard time of it... my company just had another "staff reduction" this week/second one this year, 4 people lost their jobs who had over 20 years in each. And they were not ready to retire yet ... It doesn't really matter what you do anymore... Your jobs are not protected by this economy. I went through this myself 3 years ago looking for work and have dodged this layoff bullet so far... we need to be looking out for each other now.

One job opens and 300 applicants or more show up in Oregon... It's all in who you know, not what you know anymore. There is no luck about it here.

If you live in Oregon send me your resume. I work at a newspaper (start reading them please, ha!) and I will see if anyone knows anyone if you know what I mean... (networking) That is the most I can offer.

I worry about our recession, our country, families. Our government can't support everyone forever.

Peace everyone,

Deb

redesign08.blogspot.com

debrakirkrogers@ymail.com

Dear Kay,

Deb is right when it comes to whom you know to get a good job. When Pauline and I moved back her to Massachusetts, I was a heavy equipment operator. I had operated almost any type of heavy equipment. I was best with the grader. I could doe blue top grade work. That is the finish grade before the asphalt or concrete is laid. They had an add in the paper for a blue top grader. I went to the union office to apply. They would not even talk to me, because I was not in the union. I said I would join. They said no you can't. You see out here to get into that union you had to know someone, that knew someone, that had a cousin Vienna already in the union. So the job went unfilled for almost a year. I took a job running a backhoe at an airport installing new runway lights for $7.00 an hour. Only 2 of us one the job. While the union guys have at least 4-5 doing the same ting and that backhoe operator was making $25.00 per hour, and we did more work.

Hang in there Kay, a good job will come your way soon. It sounds like Deb has a great idea with the newspaper also.

God Bless

Dwayne

Yeah, I agree, but the trouble is I've lost my contacts. When I worked in Oakridge my reputation preceded me and helped me get work, I knew people, but now I've been commuting five years I've lost my contacts.

Incidentally, I received an email from a place Friday but I checked them out and they're a scam.

I have another job interview tomorrow at 11:00 am PST. I am nervous because they want someone with QBPro exp and I used the 2003 version but they have 2010 version and it's changed a lot, I currently use QBOE but it little resembles the Pro version. They want someone immediately that can step right into the job without their showing them anything...I don't know how realistic that is but if they get someone who has more recent Pro exp. they'll probably go with them even though I have done and can do everything the job requires. I'm VERY nervous! I'm also nervous because the snow level is dropping and I still don't have a truck. If I get a job, I will definitely need one right away. Those who pray, please pray for me that God will work out all details according to His will. This is one of the things that's hard about being widowed (or divorced), there is no spouse to fall back on in had times or to encourage you through things like this. Your support means everything to me!

Kay

Dear Kay,

Breathe. Relax. Think. And don't be afraid to make mistakes.

Will send hugs and positive energy in your direction all day tomorrow.

Peace,

Harry

Dear Kay,

You will do just fine, Like Harry said, relax, take a deep breath, the KNOK THIER SOCKS OFF, all the time just relax and let your mind focus on the job, You have all the skills. I know you can do it.

Your dear friend, God Bless Dwayne

Dear Kay,

I wish you the best tomorrow. I hope you get this job if you want it once you get there. Peace...breathe...Mary