Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Psychic Reading

I realize that what I am going to tell you is controversial.....I had a Psychic reading today, and it was one of the best things I could have done for myself!

I went into this not knowing what to think, Mike was always stating he believed in Psychics, I figure that most people that claim to be psychic....are full of it! But since I have seen so many signs of him around the house, I would give it a try. Many things she stated could have been general statements....and yet I will point out he strange, wonderfull things she got right.

1. She stated that Mike had died of an infection, yes Mike had cirrhosis of the liver....but a septic infection was the actual cause of death.

2. She stated that Mike was showing her a box of pastel paints, and stated that one of you is an artist....well not really, but I did inform her that I had painted the

house, she stated "yes that is right and your front door is a terra cota color, he approves" YES the front door is now a terra cota color!

3. She stated that "Mike is talking about a car, and that you should get a convertible" funny, because I really dont like Mikes car, have been speaking of frequently

of trading Mikes car off.....but cant do it yet, but that could change as she stated that "Mike wants you to get a Mustang convertible" yes without telling her

that is what I was thinking of getting!

4. She then stated out of the blue, without knowing "Mike loves roses and loved it when you would pick them from the yard" yes I have 50 rose bushes in the yard, and we

always had fresh roses available yr round! she also stated " Mike always loved it when you would bring them in he would put them in his favorite vase with white on it

yes his favorite vase has etching on it.

5. She then stated " he loves you so much, and is taking ownership of the fights you had" Mike was a wonderfull man, but 6 weeks before he got sick his behviour was

horrible on 3 seperate occasions, no reason for it,I have had to deal with those fights frequently and tell myself that he knew what was happening, but never told me

how terrifying this must have been for him, and why couldnt he have been honest about what was happening inside his body? was he trying to push me away?to save me???

IT DIDNT HELP...

6. At the end she stated " he is giving you a pink rose right now" I just went out to trim back my roses which are in bad shape no blooms nothing got to the middle of my

pink rose and found one lone perfectly pink rose in the middle of the rest, which where dead blooms, the only pink bloom in the yard! I will love and save that bloom

forever!

7. She stated that " he wants you to get back to riding the horses, it will help you..." I didnt tell her I had horses....she also stated that "he loves it when you talk

to him on the front porch at night"........something I frequently do.....

She then began to cry and stated "I feel so much pain between you, but I know it is the pain of love....." of course the tears began to flow..........what a wonderfull experience for me today! Of course nothing good comes without a price, shortly after this i get a call my father was put in the hospital with chest pain!!! Damn cant I get one good day? Well the good news is that it is atrial fibrillation, something that if not treated can be serious, but with the proper care can be ok to live with! So I guess it is a good day after all!!!!

Hope everyone found some peace today.....Take care Dave

Hi Dave,

I am delighted that your Dad will be ok. I have a friend with atrial fib, has had it for years and as long as he sticks with his meds and diet he is good. So relieved for you and your dad. I am also glad that your psychic experience was so positive for you...comforting is a good word. You trusted your gut and went with it and it worked. good for you. Your call came when I was at my painting evening with my watercolor group so I did not answer. I am home now and am exhausted after a too long day on top of a tough week so am posting to you. Today was ok but just packed too full. Enjoy the pink rose :)

Rest in a good day for you....Peace, Mary

Thanks Mary! had just called to tell you about the rose.....wow it is not perfectly formed, by show standards......but has to be the greatest rose ever made!! just cant stop looking at it! Take care and get some rest!! Dave

Good for you Dave. I have been wanting to do the psychic reading with no real expectations, but just wanting to feel better. Not sure I would find one in central Kansas though. I think it is great, if you can come away with feeling some comfort then it is all worth while. Also glad to hear your dad will be okay. Also, love the mustang convertible.... I say do it. !!

Peace and Hugs to you

Becky

Hi Becky

Many mediums do sessions over the phone. Just research it pretty well and then enjoy. Mary

so what to do now.......dad is to have an ablation procedure tomorrow, something that is done a thousand times that I have witnessed, and never a problem is had....but as always something bad could happen..........i need to work tomorrow, no sick time left.......not concerned about my job, just could use the money....fortunately if there is a problem.....my boss wopuld never give me a problem about leaving work.........I get this news in my sleep...finally took a nap after 3 rough days.....and am feeling now guilty about working tomorrow.....the old me would have taken the day off without thinking twice....the new me knows that money stress is not what i need now on my recovery.....yes half asleep and need to make a decision now......am I being a bad, selfish son????? I tell others to take care......but am I ........Dave

Dave

No you are not selfish. Each of us deals with these issues in our own way and there is no right or wrong way. You know what is right for you and I think you have made that decision. Unfornately, we are all juggling priorities with our plates full and we do the best we can. Sounds like you you are too. Your dad and family know that you are there with him in your heart and that is what matters. Unfornately, when we are there we can't do anything anyway except give support and you can do that at work. Best to you and keep us informed.

Also.... I would like to contact the pyschic you did as it sounds like you got a good one, do you mind sharing? Needing phone number. Thanks

Peace and Hugs

Becky

Wow I had a panic attack last night expecting the worse.....guess I have been getting conditioned to do that....hate that! Went and saw dad today he is doing well, spirits are great! Procedure this afternoon, he should do well!I am at work, only 15 minutes away. my boss knows, and if i need to leave I leave....I feel good today after a rough week, finally got some sleep and feel great peace and love from the reading! Not 100% yet but actually am smiling, the best smile I have had since this nightmare occured! The psychics name is Rita Berkowitz, dont have her number handy but just type in the name online and her site comes up, the waiting list is long, this was the first appt I could i get and signed up the first part of june, the cost is $250.00, very reasonable

for someone reputable, it was good for me!

Take care and let me know what you think..Dave

Dave,I'm sorry about your loss,and the trouble with your Dad.My Dad died of a heart attack at age 49.I'm still dealing with it.It sounds like you reading was amazing.I have had a few readings,one with a very famous Allison Dubois.That was a group reading,and it pretty much sucked.They just emailed and said I was able to sign up for a phone reading,only 1,000$ an hour!A few months ago I had a reading with a women I was referred to by a grief therapist.It was AMAZING and I'm so glad I did it.I wanna give Rita a shot,now.I have heard of her.and 250 is much more reasonable then Allison.Thank you for sharing your story,and goodluck to you and your Dad, -Lila

Dave, that is such good news. I am happy for you (and your Dad) and i know you are relieved. Mary

Dear Dave,

I am glad you had such a positive reading, and then finding that, pink rose just topped it off. :) One of Pauline's favorite house plants get these beautiful pink flowers. The last time it bloomed was 2 years ago. On September 5 our wedding anniversary, it produced one pink flower. :) A very great sign that Pauline is here with me. Now it has 2 flowers. Pauline's last summer of her life, her little mimosa tree, I planted for her in the front yard got these amazing pink flowers, the look, like small umbrellas. :) This summer no flowers, but a lot of growth.

I am so happy that your father is doing so well. I pray for both of you to have, good health and find peace in your heart and soul.

Pauline had a reading here in Fall River about 40 years ago. The woman said she would live in this big white house with a big yard and fence al the way around. That she would re-marry a red head who is very kind and gentle, and they would remain together until she past away form some kind of a long term illness. She got it right even down to a red pick up I would drive. I did have a red pick up for about 4 years in the 90''s.

Keep positive, the let waves of grief come and go, try each and every day to see the positive in life, and in your life with Mike.

God Bless,

Dwayne

Dave, all I can say is, "WOW!" This is so amazing that she could know all of this without knowing you or being told, too many things to be coincidence. Somehow there must be a way for spirits to communicate for it's surely happened for you. And I am so glad your father will be okay, that must have been a relief for you to hear.

Incidentally, I went to see my mom a couple of days ago. As many of you know, my mom was not a good mother, she has always been mentally ill and abusive and age hasn't helped any as she has paranoia and dementia, among other mental illnesses. She is so cute, she's very tiny and I swear she gets cuter every time I see her. The visit went fairly well considering and about as well as can ever be expected and so I'm thankful for that. With her I just have to keep giving her fresh starts and forgiving her daily and as hard as it is to live with, recognize that she is not well mentally and try not to hold it against her for the horrific things she's said and done to all of us kids all of our lives. One day she will be gone and I honestly don't know how I'll feel then. I'm just so thankful for my siblings, they're wonderful and I'm glad we have each other...no one else could begin to understand like we do with each other.

After an exhausting yet positive week, have woken up to a horrible funk, I am incitefull enough to my feelings and at these times, I know enough to count the many positives in my life, my bestfriend,therapist Colton, the 5 yr old nephew and his beautifull assistant 2 yr old Abby....who now instead of calling me Dave she calls me Favorite! The absolutely, wonderfull reading I had that showed me so much love and comfort! And of course couldnt have for anything more this week then knowing dad is doing well!!!!!

And yet this am I found myself pacing the house trying to get ready for another demanding day at work, taking care of others with little man power, and wondering how much more I can give to others......I then realized what I have accomplished this week,while caring for others, the grief monster was occupying every free thought, I had so much anticipation for this reading....that it wore me out, plus the worry about dad, no wonder I am exhausted!

Then out of the blue the paint sprayer hose and gun which had been sitting on the kitchen counter for days, uninterrupted fell off to the floor, I laughed, no reason for it to fall. and then stated Thanks Mike for another sign, I need to take tomorrow and do what has brought me some satisfaction, work on painting the picket fence, rest and get my mind off everything for a few hrs! I have been so busy taking care of everyone else that I havent bothered to care for myself.....I hope I can always keep open to other signs of his guidance and support!!!

Take care! Dave

Really slept in today until 9! have done more of that since Mike died than I ever had in my life! A couple of days ago, I had a dream that my tack shed burned to the ground....I know that I have electrical issues there as it always throws a breaker when I am using power out there, but today when I plugged in the sprayer, this time it sparked at the electrical box, I ran and shut of the power to the shed, figuring Mike must be warning me of a problem, so will take this warning seriously and I have a friend coming out to shut off the power to the shed permanently until I figure we get time to run a new line out to it! Guess he is still watching out for me, again just need to be open to him talking to me! Thanks Mike! Dave P.s just checked my mail from yesterday, the cd from the Psychic was there, have listened to it again, funny how different it sounds to me this time........of course tears again.......

After a horrible day at work, where I was told that everyone has problems.....taking care of their kids and dogs......and you never smile anymore....you need to get over Mike!!!! What the @#$%!!!!!! This is a Mental health facility!!!!!!!!

I recieved the drawing by the psychic of Mike, I was dreading this as I thought it would be totally wrong.......although a couple of areas that need attention.....a STRIKING resemblance of my Mike!!!!!! really is..... have a good friend here that agrees!!!!Will try to take a pic of Mike and of the drawing and post......The journey for me hasnt ended.......but for now feel like our relationship is continuing....

Thankyou Mike!!! I still love you!!!! Dave

So sorry for your crappy day Dave. Why do people do that? I worked for a court system and could of been described as a hard a** but I do know that after going down this road of caregiver and watching your love one in pain day after day that I have become a much more compassionate person. I have learned that you do not know what kind of day the next person has had or what story they have to tell. For that I am truly greatful.But on the down side I do not have much tolerance for intolerance!! I was at a bar b que the other night and a husband was degrading his wife in front of everyone and I could not listen without comment. I advised him that he would regret that if his wife suddenly was no longer here as I have experienced. It was hard to listen too. I would give anything to have mine back and tell him how wonderful he was. Anyway, so glad your drawing turned out well. What a postive experience for you.

Blessings

Becky