I am sorry about the hold up again...I know it is difficult to wait. Mary

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you all for your concern.

I am not and will not let this get me down. It is going to happen someday soon, I hope. I still have a lot to keep me busy. I am putting my name one a hospice grief group list for a Handyman. It is something that we are just starting, some of the widows, do not like to let people they do not know to come into their homes to make small repairs. I have tools and things I need, and my time with Pauline, I have done a lot of things and repairs around the home, so they said put your name down so they will call when they need something done.

I still have a start date for school Nov 7, my counselor has a big meeting on Nov. 4 until 11 AM. He is going to see what he can do for me. If I don't start then it could be 2 weeks after that. We will see.

God Bless

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Boy could I ever use you around here! LOL I've been trying to split my wood and stack it, I got the neighbor to get the splitter started (it has a pull cord like a lawnmower). But the problem is, half of the pieces of wood are too big for me to lift! I have probably half of the wood cut and stacked, but the rest I need help with. The guys at the church go to the widow's homes once a month and do things for them, but they don't come here, I don't know if they consider me too young or what, but I'm 59 and don't have anyone around to help me. Alot of them think my son should do it but he's in school two hours away and broker than broke, no $ for food or gas, and no time. He has a double major and is in Honors College so I think it's important for him to concentrate on his studies instead of worrying about me. It's a dilemma many widows face, esp. if we have our own home. Ahh well, one thing I've learned is, a day at a time, I've gotten by 6 1/2 years somehow.

Dear Kay,

I may not be close enough to split and cut your wood, but that does not mean, I can't get it, done. I read your message, last evening, just before church. I Googled boy scout troops in your area and sent them an e-mail asking for there help to get this done for you. I haven't heard back yet, but I think that this is something that they would love to do. After all if you remember, a very old commercial, where the boy scout helps the lady to cross the street. Now it is their turn to help a lady gets a job done. We will see if they step up and help. If not I have other ideas to get this done for you. Hang in there. How is the job search going?

God Bless

Love Dwayne

Well I've applied to six more jobs this week but haven't heard from any of them yet...last week was the most bleak for openings. I'm hoping my old boss will get some contracts and put me back to work after the holidays, you never know!

I was surprised by your phone call...will keep you posted on the wood situation. I have wood ready to burn but just need to get the rest of it split, probably about 1/2 cord's worth so I can get it stacked and in out of the weather before it comes. (It's tarped right now. I bought some more gas for my splitter so as soon as I gstrong person than can lift the pieces onto the splitter, I'm ready to go! (They're about 1/4-1/6 rounds). Thanks, Dwayne, I'll let you know if I hear from anyone...

You are very welcome Kay. If they do not come through, I have some other ideas running around in my brain. :) It was very nice to talk to you as always, :) I just hope that a job comes your way soon.

God Bless

Dwayne

Hi Everyone,

Well here it is Saturday, I waited all day yesterday for word, that my application for the funding has been given the funding, that just came in. Now I have to wait until Monday, to see if I get the funding before it runs out. My counselor is doing everything he can to make it happen, hr knows how much I want this and will see it through. So I just have to be patients and it will happen when it is suppose, to happen.

I put my name on our hospice grief group list for a Handyman. It is something new that we are doing, because so many widows, do not feel comfortable with a stranger coming into their home to fix the small things they can't. I told them I would be happy and honored to do it.

God Bless

Dwayne

Dwayne, please let us know as soon as you find out Monday. I will be working and may not be able to get on line until late Monday, but I will want to know...or drop me an email, I'll get that sooner.

I'm sure there's a lot of widows who'd love to trade a meal for some handywork! It really helps to have someone who can do those things you can't.

Dear Kay, and Marty,

As soon as I find out something I will let you know. If the funding is gone before my name comes up, I will deal with that too. I think I will be getting a lot of calls, to do repairs, and things for a lot of people in the next few weeks. I was with Greg today, and we stopped by Donna's mother house. It is a 3 family house, and on the second floor apartment needs work, done. She remembered me and Pauline. She knew her for years also, through Donna. She told me she always like Pauline, and even though she had MS, she was always dressed so well, and that I took, good care of her. :) So next week I will probable, go with Greg to her home and do some work for her. I told her it would be an honor for me, to help her out. Greg and I went out and got a repair kit for her denture, and I fixed a tooth that had came out, for her. So like the energizer bunny I just keep going, :) always finding someone to help out. So if I have to wait until the next round of funding, then that is what I will do. :)

God Bless

Dwayne

post-14895-13205387565_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick update on my funding. The Director, start funding more applications yesterday, and at 2:30 mine was still pending. Please send me all your warm thoughts and prayers my way, so that I will get it this week. If not that is ok also. I have a lot if work to do in that apartment. There is so much filth all over, thank God no bugs any where. Just a big mess. I think I have counted about 12 holes in the walls to be fixed. Any way I will let you know if I get funded this week or not.I also started in a new music ministry at church. The ones who sing with the band on the stage at every service. It is a lot of fun, I enjoy to sing so much. It helps me heal my soul.

God Bless

Dwayne

post-14895-132135071644_thumb.png

Dwayne: Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to you this week. Hoping for you to get a postive word on your funding so you are begin the new chapter in your life of school and goal of being a nurse. You deserve it and your patience and perseverance is something we can all model and strive to achieve. Best of luck my friend and I love the photo of your little dog Sugar .

Blessing

Becky

Dwayne,

I'm also on the Morning Worship Team at my church, I was in my previous one too, it's a lot of fun. That was one of the things I missed after George died...I used to look out over the congregation while I sang and see his smiling (beaming) face and supportiveness. I've gotten used to it now but the first few months were really tough. I'm glad you're keeping busy, it helps.

I have to go to Portland and back today, it'll mean about eight hours on the road since I have to swing by Corvallis both ways. I'm picking up my new-to-me truck, I pray it really does run like they stated in the auction because I had to pay for it already.

Dwayne, it was good to hear from you...please keep us posted as to the final outcome when it is official! We're rooting for you!

Hi Everyone.

MY FUNDING HAS BEEN APPOVED at the local level. :) Now it has been sent to the executive Director in Boston. As of yesterday he had done any of the final approvals, so it should be any day now that I get the FINAL approval. I could start school on December 5, 2011. :) That is Pauline's birthday, I got my local approval on the day Hospice had their yearly remembrance, for all the loved ones who have passed before us. It was a very beautiful service.

I will keep you updated on the final approval, when it comes through.

God Bless

Dwayne

Not just a light in the tunnel but a flood light....so happy for you. Mary

I MADE IT TODAY!!!!! :lol:

I was pulling into my primary Doctors office, for my 3 month check up, after the C-DIFF, and my cell rang. It was my Career Counselor. He told me I have the final approval and I start school on November 28, the Monday after Thanksgiving. :D After such a great loss of my Beloved Pauline, I truly have something to be thankful for. I got my TB test today and blood work for other diseases, on the list for school, and they called in my first shot for Hep-B. I go back Monday for the reading of the TB test and the shot, I pick up at my pharmacy for the Hep-B. Things could not have worked out any better, if I tried to plan them. So Yes I am very thankful on this Thanksgiving Day to come. :) Pauline prepared me well, and I know she is very proud of me and will be watching over me. How can we go from one extreme to the other in almost 9 months. I am truly grateful, and very blessed in my life, from the time I met Pauline in Kansas, on a rainy day in May, 33 1/2 years ago, up until now and on into the future, I am Blessed. :)

I Thank All of you Great people on this wonderful site, giving me encouragement and great thoughts and Prayers, THANK YOU!! :)

God Bless, each and everyone of you, :)

Dwayne

good for you, Dwayne. I am really happy for you. Mary

Dwayne,

I'm so glad to hear your news and know that very soon you will be hitting the books and on your way to fulfilling your mission. In a way I envy you because you have a purpose...I'm not sure I do anymore.