Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Back In A Holding Pattern With My Nursing School

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kay, you certainly help a lot of us on this site. And i suspect that it does not stop there. The world needs more caring people like you. I do understand the search for a purpose and I also believe that when we are being true to ourselves, we are fulfilling our purpose and the ripples go out to places far reaching....who knows how many lives you touch just from this forum. Our purposes are many and we all lost one of them....one that made us feel so complete and whole and joyous...hard to find one that big and apparent now. Peace, Mary.

Thank you, Marty, Mary, Kay, and Walt,

Kay I definitely agree with Marty, and Mary. You have helped me out so much, and always giving encouragement to others, as well as great advice. You have been down the path of grief, far longer than most people on here. You as well as many others on here are great givers. You have touched my life, and helped me to find myself in the land of the living again. You are inspire ring to many people, even when you find yourself in such hardship these days.

Pauline, prepared me well for my life ahead, helping others the way I had helped and gave everyday for her. I am ready, and in the right frame of mind now, to not only be the oldest in school, but I will be scoring the highest of the bunch.

I THANK each and everyone, who has given me, so much encouragement, over all these months, not to quit on my goal, but to reach it, and now to try my very best to excel in a new career, but it is still what I did for years.

God Bless

Dwayne

Dwayne:

I am so happy for you!!! You are an inspiration and what a wonderful way to honor your beloved Pauline but to pursue the goals she wanted for you. You will make a great nurse! Make sure when you start school not to forget us here and check in and let us know how school is going for you. I am honored to call you my friend. :)

Blessings

Becky

Dwayne,

A week from tomorrow you start school. I am impressed by your determination and I know it will see you through. I would be afraid to go back to school at my age after so many years when there's all of these young people that are so bright and raised on technology...but you seem fearless and I'm sure you'll run circles around them!

I know you won't have much time after you start your classes, but I hope you can drop in now and then and keep us updated. We'll be rooting for you all the way!

Kay

Well Here it is,

My last weekend, of freedom, :) before school, then getting and starting a job. I knew that I would go to school, I wish it would have been sooner though. I hate to get up in the mornings, scrape Ice and snow off the car. I do have the auto start on my van, so that does help. I will still have to clean the snow off the rest on the van. :(

I have my briefcase all packed and ready to go. I even have a small recorder, to catch anything I might miss that will be very important.

I am also trying out for a solo part at our church, Christmas program. :) The choir leader Jackie was going to sing it, but it is in a lower key than she usually sings in. Last Sunday, she said she was having a little trouble with it. I told her that I had it down, and would be happy to sing it with her, :) she said she would think about it. Then yesterday I got an e-mail, that said, she will be holding try outs for the solo. Now we were not supposed to learn that song, but I learned all the songs. So we will see tomorrow. I will be singing in choir at service, then practice after, so I hope my voice holds up for the try out for the solo. We will see. :huh:

God Bless

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Good luck on the solo! I will be thinking of you Monday morning, I hope your first day goes well.

Thank You Kay,

I know the first day is filling out paper work for the school and the career center, so I will get college credits for my classes I take. That way when I am ready to further my studies, I will have these college credits already.

It will be a long day tomorrow, and Monday will not be to bad, we only go to class from 9 AM- 2 PM. So that will give me enough time to study and practice my music. Then Monday evening from 7-9 we have the music ministry practice at the church. I pray I get selected for the solo. I will see, If I do, great, if not that is ok also.

God Bless

Dwayne

Hi, just an update,

The first day of school went well, I have my first test this morning. Right now for the first two week we are learning Medical Terminology. 50 a day and will be tested one them the next day. I study until late last night. And up at 4 this morning to study more. I think today I should get about 100% test score. After we see and hear the term. Then there is a study part of the book, that tells you the term and meaning and how it can be out together with other terms to make more medical terms out of. I found most of the people in the class jumped over that part, to the end of the lesson and just put the term with the correct meaning, then you have sentences, that you fill in the terminology in. It can be two or the terms together. Well without reading the middle of the lesson they had trouble putting some terms together. That is why we have the whole book to read, not just the beginning and the end, the middle is where the beef is, the substance of the terms coming together to make more terms. Without that they will not do so well. I have to start hitting the books now, so I can get that 100% on my test this morning. I have about 3 that I am having a little trouble with, but I will get them down before the test.

I also have 3 more songs to learn, the just gave us Sunday. To be ready in a couple weeks.

God Bless

Dwayne

Dwayne, I am so happy for you for your progress since Pauline died. You will excel at nursing school. I too went back to school at a late age to get an associates degree in dietetics. You and I had the same attitude, to learn everything, just not what was being assigned. Kids don't get the learning the "middle" part. Us oldsters have a different approach to learn the total package, not just what will be on the tests. Good luck to you in your studies. You are an inspiration to us all!

Beth

Dwayne,

Great News keep up the positive energy and the positive flow/attiude you radiate.

I am thinking about going back to school as well but unclear if I truely want to make that

choice at 53...my Life has taken a new turn with Brenda in it now and we need to keep things simple

I don't want any major changes for awhile as I am just settling from all the changes the past 2 years...we'll see,

she supports me and has encouraged it but I'm just not sure...take care my friend, I'll be waiting to hear the test results.

NATS

Hi, Everyone,

Just a quick note to say so far so good. I took 2 tests yesterday, and 2 today. I scored 100% on all 4 tests so far. :) This morning I woke up with a blistering Migraine Headache. :( If it was a job and not school I would have called in sick. I was up at 4 to study, I took a little Medicine then, but not the on that stops Migraines, because it can make you feel funny, and dull your senses. So I waited until after the tests were over, but it really did not work well. I need my other one, but insurance will not pay for it until this one proves to not work well. I had to wear my sun glasses so the light would not hurt my eyes as bad. Now I am off to bed for some rest. Then hit the books later.

Thank you all for you support. :)

God Bless

Dwayne

Dwayne,

I pray you are feeling better today, I am so sorry you got a migraine! Those are no fun at all and when they hit, you just want to hole up and endure until it passes.

I am so proud of you for acing your tests! Way to go! I know it's been your determination and studying that is helping you, just keep it up!

Kay