Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Haven't Be Able To Write Much

Hi everybody,

in the last few days I haven't been able to write much. I tried to - I startet a new post several times, but couldn't offer anything. WaltC, I wanted to write some positive thought for your wedding anniversary - but I was empty. I just want you to know I'm still here.

I too haven't been able to be of much support lately. Haven't wanted to even talk much to anyone around me or on the phone. It's been a week of non-functioning, paralized, can't make decisions, can barely get out of the house. Last week I had planned out a trip to go visit my two daughters (5 hrs and 9 hrs away). This week I can barely get myself out to check the mail. As I looked at pictures over the past few days I wished Gene back...not during the times he was sick but for the times he was healthy and happy...when we were happy. And Why!..kept running through my head. I wish I could make one phone call to Heaven just to hear his voice...just once more.

I love you Gene!

I miss you Gene!

Always Gene!

Always!

Hi everybody,

in the last few days I haven't been able to write much. ...WaltC, I wanted to write some positive thought for your wedding anniversary - but I was empty. I just want you to know I'm still here.

Thanks for your post spela - I completely understand how you feel. Just knowing that you care is comfort to me. smile.gif

ustwo - I know that it is so hard for us without our Gene/Jean. All that keeps me "going" at all some days is reminding myself that Jeannie told me to do so. I usually do what she asks me to do and I must respect her wishes until the time comes to join her. I truly hope that will be sooner than later. sad.gif

It has been 24 weeks for me (yesterday) and I don't seem to be getting any better.

I went to a former co-worker's funeral last week.

It was held in the Church that Jeannie and I used to attend many years ago when she was able to walk. I sat in "our" regular pew and it was difficult but I did OK. A nice lady who knew me asked how I was doing and was sincerely interested in my answer - taking one day at a time. She remarked that others sometimes say that "time heals all things", but she said that she knows that it does NOT and wished me well. I appreciate honesty from people who do understand.

Sorry, I did not mean to ramble on, but my brain is a bit scattered these days. unsure.gif

Hugs and Love to all.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I too went to a funeral yesterday...it was a lady in our church and George dearly loved her...it was so hard. When we sang a certain song, I lost it. It's still so raw. I talk to George's friends regularly; most of them have moved on with their lives but a couple of them have really hung in there with me, it really helps to know there's others that miss him and knew how special he was. My family still grieves. While I don't wish this misery on anyone, still, I'm glad others loved him. One thing I've learned is it is hard and we all have to do it our own way and time. Grief, like the person, is unique. we owe ourselves much patience and understanding.