Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Please Pray For Me

STARKISS

Hi All,

I need some prayers right now, This has no connection to grief but I know this website does understand and I really need your prayers right now.. You see I am in a house living with my sister and her husband and their family and this environment has become very abusive emotionally and verbally towards me...For years I received abuse from my father(sexually,verbally,and emotionally,) This went on till the day he died... He stopped the sexual abuse earlier but continued with the emotional and verbal abuse till he died... Now I am in a place that the abuse is getting worst and I am stuck here with very little money and no way out right now... I have contacted the local social services department for my name to be put on the list but I have not received the paper work yet... I was also told that it could take up to ten years to find a place... My therapist is writing a letter to go along with the paper work in hopes that they realize I am is a very bad place right now... So you see it really has nothing to do with grief but if you could see it in your hearts to pray I would really appreciate... Thanks Shelley

Shelley, I am sorry your living situation is so painful and harmful and ongoing. I hope you can find another place to live soon. In Madison, nearby, we have a program where an elderly person who lives alone but who has space welcomes a person to share the house in trade for taking them to doctors, getting groceries in. I wonder if anything like that exists near you. it is a win win situation for people. Just an idea. In the meantime, I certainly will keep you in my prayers and send healing energy your way. Life is hard enough without having family members make it more difficult. Believe me, I know about that. Take care of yourself. Mary

Dear Shelly,

I will say prayers every night for you. It has got to very stressful for you, living in a place, like that. It is no good for your health. We have places for elderly or disabled people, that goes by your income. I have been trying to get this lady in our hospice group to go to fill out applications at as many of these places you can. She, like you is living in a very toxic environment. I have seen an improvement in her the last 2 times I saw her, but she still hasn't taken the first step towards her independence again. That can be a very hard ting to do for some people.

I will pray tonight for you, my goes out for you.

God Bless

Dwayne

• 1 month later...

Hi All, Just a quick update on things in my life right now... I am still living in the abusive house and trying still to get out.. I am hoping that soon it will get better and that I will be free... I am still praying every night and hopes that God will answer this pray soon... I am scared some nights that things might just get so bad that I might get totally kicked out of this place with no where to go... Keep praying for me... Shelley

Hi All, I am requesting Prayer yet again, I am having a very, very difficult time this year... i am trying to fake the happy christmas stuff but it is not working and i am just very angry that I have to do this... I need to sort my life out because I lost Chelsea and I should be able to grief her but I am not allowed in the eyes of the family after all to them she was just a dog... Shelley

Hi Shelley

I am so sorry your situation is so painful...pain on top of pain. I will hold you in the light and in my heart.

Mary

Shelley, dear, if you've learned anything on this site over the years you've been a member, you've learned that here you are "allowed" to mourn the loss of your loved ones, including your beloved dog Chelsea. You are not alone in finding the holidays so difficult ~ There are many people here "trying to fake the happy Christmas stuff" ~ It's a difficult time for most. I hope that in the privacy of your own room, when you go outside for a walk, when you lie in bed at night, you allow yourself to think about Chelsea and all the love you still share with her. Your hearts are connected by an invisible string that cannot be broken by time or place or distance. Always remember that. It's the same invisible string that connects you with all of us here, in this warm and caring place. Please know that we continue to hold you in gentle thought and prayer. You are not forgotten. Remember, too, that "the holidays" will not last forever. You've made it through them before and you will make it through this time, too. Just remember that you're not alone. We are always here for you.

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

I am not as bitter as before towards my living arrangements but still I sit in this house, I have prayed everyday and I have been answered in some ways...

I have now hopefully a new therapist for longer term, I met some really great new friends, I have a wonderful job, I have food to eat... I know that God will

keep a close eye on me and I will get out of here soon... I am still alive and I am sick with a cold but I am still who I am and no one can change that... I am

worth living for... shelley

Thanks Marty,

I am trying so hard to stay positive , I have my good days and my bad days... I told my other therapist that I could not cry, because every time I started I heard my family in my head say stop being a cry baby... She told me to ingnore the voices and to just go ahead and do it... On October 2 this year it was my mom's birthday and I again started to cry this time infront of my therapist and I heard the voices and I stopped and she told me that it did not make me weak if I cried... so right after that I started again and I cried for along time and even if I heard the voices I heard hers say just let it go...

I am in a good way right now but often see or hear things that might make me upset or think of my parents but I have had several good days so far... shelley