Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Harv's Birthday

So, it seems many of us are having to deal with our spouse's birthdays recently, so I know I'm not alone in this situation. Tomorrow is my Harv's 56th birthday. I've tried to read and take in other's stories of how they dealt with this. I just needed to post this in honor of my best friend that I miss with every cell in my body. I thought I would be ok with this day, but the tears have started already. My son and daughter in law and my precious new grandson are coming down to be with me tomorrow evening. But, tonight I will hug my pillow and pretend it's him as I do every night. Love and peace to all, Pam

I don't know how to handle it, I wish I did, it's always been hard for me because George died just five days after his birthday so it's a pretty rough week. Maybe do something he liked or make something he liked and do it in his honor? You know your thoughts will be on him anyway...I'm just glad you won't be spending it alone. (((hugs)))

Kay

Oh how well I remember Mikes bday.....about 6 weeks after he died....I set off balloons......and cried, my bday was miserable this yr...he died 6 days after.....and so I tried to celebrate my bday on his......it seemed to get ME through that day...... Thinking of you!! Dave

Dear Pam,

I have had a few of the firsts now, but I have not yet went through the first birthday yet. I know this is a little late, I was not able to get on yesterday, and went to my hospice meeting, last night, and just had to rest for the rest of the evening with my little dog shugar, ( sugar ). I wish the best for you, and that you were able to find some peace today, and just remember all the good time you shared with Harv. , and not the bad. It is the good memories that we need to focus on now. I hope you have a nice day

God Bless

Dwayne