Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Endearing Movie

I just watched this...although it is several years old, I had never seen it. It's about a man who loses his wife of 42 years. The things he discovers after her death...to the reconciling of it all, a journey of self-discovery. His story is not like mine and George's, for we had a great marriage and neither of us took each other for granted, we showed love to each other and had great communication. But in most marriages, there are some secrets, maybe big, maybe small, but we discover some of those private things after our spouse's death. And we deal with it. This movie had humor, it had poignant parts, it may evoke some tears, but I think it was well done. We discover, if we do not realize before, that we miss our spouse so very much and they are irreplaceable. And we have to rediscover or invent ourselves. Somehow...

Kay and Marty, I too loved this film, which I saw several years ago. Think I will get it and watch it again. I remember it being a great movie then, but that was before my life changed forever. I think I would watch it now from a much different perspective. Kay, thanks for reminding me about it.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

I agree with you, Mary, about watching About Schmidt again. I saw it a long time ago also and it touched me then. Time to see if Netflix has it and watch it through new eyes.

Thanks for the video reminder of the movie, WaltC. I know it also depicts very real feelings that all of us here have experienced and are experiencing.

Peace, Mary

Dear Kay,

I remember watching that movie with Pauline, years ago. It was a great movie, and now you can almost see yourself like a mirror of what we all battle everyday, and how today it still relates to our own travels through, grief, and the start of this new but different life, that we all are faced with on this place.

God Bless, my Dear friend, Kay, I thank you for the memory of happy times in our life.

Dwayne

Mary, yep Netflix has it, I put it on my instant Q for the TV. My friends Tom and Dana (both have lost spouses) will be here Friday nite for chili, and a little sitting by the chiminea outside. Think we might watch it.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Thanks, Mary. I will put it in my queue also. I remember the loneliness of that movie...awgh...so real now. Mary

I'll have to look for "A Single Man"...