Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Sons Birthday

Today is my 3rd sons birthday i made it thru my birthday,Ben's birthday and I thought today would just be another day my sons 33rd birthday I am still in Ga will be going home to Az later this week and I woke up early this morning and just started crying couldn't figure out what was wrong than I looked at the date and realized it was my sons birthday..Relles is our 4th child and 3rd son he is what Ben called our miricle baby he was born 6days after my stepfather passed away it was a very difficult time in my life and when he was born he had problems breathing and we thought he might not make it but he did and than 1 month later he had an asthma attack Ben was out of town on business so i had to deal with this and had to call Ben and let him know that our son was dying!!! Ben was home within hrs and we sat in the hospitol for 3 days praying and crying and than God answered our prayers and our son survived,than on mothers day May 10,1981 We were coming home from the hospitol I had just had our baby son Pablo and ben pulled into the drive way and our son fell out of our van..again we were told he would not make it he was in intensive care for 2months and than again our baby boy made it Ben always blamed himself for the accident our son made it thru and was only blind in one eye which could have been worse...now that baby is 33 yrs old and I love him with all my heart I just wish his dad was here to help celebrate...I miss Ben so much and it is so hard to go thru all these birthdays and next come the holidays!!! I wish I could just hide somewhere till the holidays are all over..This is suppose to get easier but it is not getting any easier...Thanks for listening

Lucia,

I'm so glad your son DID make it, again and again! It must have been meant to be. :) I'm sure you are wishing your Ben could be here as you celebrate that long ago moment your son was born, but you know what? I think he IS here with you in spirit.

Lucia,

I agree with Kay, Ben is there with you, and around you all the time. Our bodies may give out, nut our soul and spirit never does. He was smiling all day for his son that faced so much diversity in his young life. He is proud of the man he became. I hope you will find peace in your heart someday.

God Bless

Dwayne

The Best and Most Beautiful Things in Live, can not be Seen or even Touched. They Must be Felt with the HEART!!!!! Helen Keller